What game are you playing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago I used to play console games such as Deus ex, mech warrior, etc etc. Then got into racing sims when I bought Gran Turismo. Then it pretty much snowballed into the PC genre of racing and after several titles I was invited to beta test Project Cars and have stuck to serious online racing since then. Built this rig about 10 years ago and its still going strong today. Hmmm, no wonder I wanted to get back into RC cars.

Intense and incredible. I thought my GT wheel setup was pretty cool until I saw your video.

Hehehe, thanks. I admit I went a little overboard building it. G27 wheel, ECCI hi-resolution pots custom 3 pedal set, sequential, paddles, and 6 speed H shifter available full time. Intel [email protected], 2 eVga 1080s, 32gig of DDR4 ram, Antec 1200 tower 100% water cooled. And 3 Dell 2209wa IPS monitors with a 4th Dell 2407 dedicated just for my live telemetry program. Price for the whole shebang? Wellll, lets just say a good bit north of 5 grand.

Hehehe, thanks. I admit I went a little overboard building it. G27 wheel, ECCI hi-resolution pots custom 3 pedal set, sequential, paddles, and 6 speed H shifter available full time. Intel [email protected], 2 eVga 1080s, 32gig of DDR4 ram, Antec 1200 tower 100% water cooled. And 3 Dell 2209wa IPS monitors with a 4th Dell 2407 dedicated just for my live telemetry program. Price for the whole shebang? Wellll, lets just say a good bit north of 5 grand.
You forgot the chair! That part was what I found truly incredible. Live motion for acceleration, braking, turning and shifting! Does it throw you out of the chair if you crash :p

Ahhh the chair. Its made out of 1515 t-slot aluminum. I used a heavy duty anti vibration mount centered under the seat for the gimble then a pair of linear actuator motors to provide the motion. Its actually a clone of a seat that a friend makes over in Japan (frexgp). The software is from a group of guys based in Germany (xsim) that they wrote that allows us to pull the g forces from virtually any game. Its a wild ride in a roller coaster sim. Yes it has the ability to toss you out of it when running the software at 100% power. I run it at about 45% when racing in the video, but its so tunable and realistic that I just love racing in it.

Attachments

• 20181207_095111.jpg
    20181207_095111.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Did any of you played Burnout Paradise? I first played that game 12 years ago and its still one of my favorite car games.
An other car game that I love is Beamng, witch is kind of a physics-realistic sandbox game. For those who like realistic crashs and creating scenarios you should definitely check it out.

Did any of you played Burnout Paradise? I first played that game 12 years ago and its still one of my favorite car games.
An other car game that I love is Beamng, witch is kind of a physics-realistic sandbox game. For those who like realistic crashs and creating scenarios you should definitely check it out.
Both super fun games. Beamng is so much fun to just run a car full blast into a tree or building or something.
They recently remastered Burnout Paradise even comes with all of the DLC https://www.ea.com/games/burnout/burnout-paradise-remastered

I started playing Farcry 5 a while ago on Xbox 1 but it gave me motion sickness so I stopped. I just installed it on PC and it is much better. Better graphics and loads in 1/10 the time. Loading on xbox was painfulll with that game.

I picked up Battlefield V yesterday, it's not very playable on my current pc :(

I run inside like my 8yr old when I break something on my revo 3.3 and play Americas Army Proving Grounds. Really fun and enjoyable game. You guys should try it if you haven't

I run inside like my 8yr old when I break something on my revo 3.3 and play Americas Army Proving Grounds. Really fun and enjoyable game. You guys should try it if you haven't
I played one of the Americas Army games a long time ago, didn't really care for the way it played.

Anyone been playing Spider Man (inc DLC) or Fallout 76 on PS4 ?

Thinking of getting one of them in the weekend sale, both around £30 on the psn store. I like the store as I'm too lazy to swap discs.
I'm mainly a solo player so am likely to play Fallout 76 on my own, for exploration and story completion (sure I read that ignoring other players lets you play it this way). Shame there's no one like Nick Valentine (I enjoyed Fallout 4, never played any of the others) but I'm OK with listening to holo tapes and reading stuff.

If the game not that good or it something with your PC?
My pc is borderline not meeting the minimum requirements. It's hard to get an impression of how the game actually is when it doesn't run very well.

Here are the Battlefield 5 System Requirements (Minimum)
  • CPU: Core i5 6600K / AMD FX-8350.
  • VIDEO CARD: DirectX 11.0 Compatible video card with 2 GB VRAM (AMD Radeon HD 7850 / nVidia GeForce GTX 660)
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 50 GB.
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB.
Here are my specs
  • CPU: AMD FX-6300.
  • VIDEO CARD: Radeon R9 270X.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 731.50GB(figured I would have more than this, must be all the "movies")
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB.

Back