Talion what gearing are you running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't recommend the plastic spur. They just don't hold up for very long. My losi 8t 2.0e had a plastic spur and I loved how quiet it was but I could destroy one if I did any hard jumping. I went back to metal and it's been on the truck for 3 years.

The team Durango spur is not plastic, it's steel.

Quote from the link posted earlier in this thread.
""Super-durable steel for long-lasting performance""

If you're scared then you can try to harden it

26/50 84.9 mph on 6s. I don't know speed on 3s but its still faster than most people stock on 6s. I love bash with the 3s on this gear ratio. t8 2650 mmx savox. its a steel spur. why would I down grade to plastic

Last edited:
on my kraton I ran a 16 tooth pinion and Badlands and got 61mph, I just got a typhoon... it's still stock except I threw a 17 tooth pinion on it. on 4s it's plenty fast and it's still quick as hell. on 6s it's unreal, I have a new phone and don't dare strap it to the back of my car, that's how I broke the note 5...

image.jpeg
yeah it will work on the stock motor
yeah it will work on the stock motor

Waiting on Maxamps 6s Lipo.. I'll keep u posted!#Arrma Kraton #23/50 #Leopard 1600kv #Mamba Monster X

image.jpeg

i ran 55.9 on gps 16/50 gearing fighting the truck to keep it straight castle mmx,2200kv motor
going to swap to a leopard 4092 pretty soon and some big gears for speed runs

Would you say this is a safe gearing? Are temps good? I'm installing the same Castle combo, just bashing, not interested in drag racing. I need to know what Pinion to order.

has anyone use the 40T spur on the center dif? Talion, Typhon or what not?

I finally found a setup on Kraton that will work in my conditions without overheating. Running the Nero 2000kv motor, MMX ESC with Wild Turbo fan mod, motor heatsink /fan. I have Backflip tires and mostly run on grass. With 12t pinion and stock spur I'm able to keep the hammer down on 6s for full pack runs of about 15 minutes or so. I did try 13t the other day on pavement when it was 95 degrees out and it got pretty close to shut down temp. So sticking with 12t.

just wanted to post my experience with different pinion gears so maybe people don't have to try 3 or 4 different ones to find what they are looking for.
so far i have run stock(13t i think) :too slow fro me especially with 4s
15t : fun, and pretty fast with 4s and 6s
16t: 50 to 60 mph for sure with 6s and super fun with enough acceleration.

so how is 16t is my favorite
How is 16 on 4s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back