Talion what gearing are you running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslstudio22

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
just wanted to post my experience with different pinion gears so maybe people don't have to try 3 or 4 different ones to find what they are looking for.
so far i have run stock(13t i think) :too slow fro me especially with 4s
15t : fun, and pretty fast with 4s and 6s
16t: 50 to 60 mph for sure with 6s and super fun with enough acceleration.

so far the 16t is my favorite

Im ran a 23/50 in my kraton. It was 75 mph +. Stupid fast and fun. Wheelies on demand at any throttle position
20160112_142222.jpg

I have actually been looking at swapping out my Spur to a 46t, I think this with my 17t gear would be a good match. I was gonna see if the Team Durango TD310484 would work.
It's the Mod1 gear for the Nitro truggy.
http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD310484
Someone else on this forum said this works. I just ordered one to try, should be here Saturday

Someone in the 1/8th group said a vorza spur would work but I ordered one of those and got it already. Everything fits but the hole for the shaft, vorzas definitely will not work.

Someone else on this forum said this works. I just ordered one to try, should be here Saturday

Someone in the 1/8th group said a vorza spur would work but I ordered one of those and got it already. Everything fits but the hole for the shaft, vorzas definitely will not work.
That team durango spur gear does work I'm running it right now. It will allow you to run a 28t pinion gear with no modify the motor mount
20160112_142222.jpg

Im currently running a 18t with stock 50t for bashing, i have a 46t sitting here ready for me to try. Im waiting for a couple more parts to see if i can mabey get my senton to catch up with you guys. Im shooting for 36/34 gearing. We'll see if i can pull it off.
1083380d1372280421t-fs-maxamps-6s-lipo-new-max-amps-6s-lipo.jpg 20160219_233855.jpg $_1.jpeg 20160217_010902.jpg

Last edited:
I'm currently running 25t pinion/46t spur, but I am not using stock electronics.

I wouldn't gear to high on stock electronics, if that's what you have, for bashing. 21t with the stock 50t spur and my blx esc burst into a ball of flames in 15mins of bashing.

I'm currently running 25t pinion/46t spur, but I am not using stock electronics.

I wouldn't gear to high on stock electronics, if that's what you have, for bashing. 21t with the stock 50t spur and my blx ESC burst into a ball of flames in 15mins of bashing.

oh poop! i am glad my just died without catching fire ...

15/50 gearing it gpsed 38.2mph on 4s and 54mph on 6s. With stock esc and motor. I'm sure my Samsung s5 weighed/slowed it down a little but it gave me a estimate of how fast it goes.

i ran 55.9 on gps 16/50 gearing fighting the truck to keep it straight castle mmx,2200kv motor
going to swap to a leopard 4092 pretty soon and some big gears for speed runs

i ran 55.9 on gps 16/50 gearing fighting the truck to keep it straight castle mmx,2200kv motor
going to swap to a leopard 4092 pretty soon and some big gears for speed runs

The castle system has more to go. I'm hitting over 60mph on 6s in my losi 8tE 3.0. And 44mph on 4s

15/50 is a good all-around gear. Makes it a fast basher on 6s, and track controllable on 4s.

Oh, and for those of you running the Durango spur - it is Plastic, right? How is the durability and noise?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back