What gorilla glue is best for rc tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotwheel85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hello.

My tire need some gluing and i could not find my old proline glue.
Could only get gorilla glue from a hardware store to get the tire up and running this weekend.

Who would be the best that i post pics from here, the gorilla super glue very thin like a super glue, or the gorilla glue that is thicker?

Does this type of glue hold up at all or would it only be a one time run solution?

5C6E3714-7D62-4FC2-B553-6E9AC9DDF555.jpeg

Neither Gorilla Glue, IMHO.
I use BSI Brand IC-2000 or Insta-Cure +
Hobby grade CA's. I tried so many CA's out there. I don't feel Gorilla Glues are any good for Critical RC applications. . They are just household CA's.
Gorilla Tape is ok. don't let the Gorilla Brand name fool you though when it comes to CA's.
Store your CA in the fridge if you want it to not go bad. CA goes bad over time. Whether new and sealed or especially after it is opened and used once. It gets weak.

Last edited:
Ca glue..I use thin & thick for different applications. Thin for basic gluing an thick when big gaps or tire comes off rim,then thin.

^^^ this.
AKA I like also. Very popular also. I have this also.

Thanks for the feedback people, im going to use the thin gorilla superglue and then order some other glue later 😊

Some CA brands are just better than others. With different formulas. I find the same identcial CA used when new, usually ends up being No good. Less strength, weakens when it sits around for a year or so, whether sealed or not. The fridge trick works. Stays fresh longer. Flows nicely also when cold.
Accelerator can also be your friend.

Further to this discussion…….does tire glue have any advantages over normal CA?

Further to this discussion…….does tire glue have any advantages over normal CA?
The Bob smith industries ic-2000 is a rubberized glue and will flex/bend quite a bit before breaking versus standard CA glues that do not tollerate that as long. Given the nature of what happens to rubber tires that feature is critical.

Thx brother…..I will order some of that oooey goooey sticky stuff…

ps…..just checked…..that schit ain’t cheap…..what are you Americans paying for this stuff?

^^^
For a 1 oz bottle of Bob Smith Industries IC-2000 (skip the 1/2 oz, no bargain) AMZ is getting $9.15 USD. yeah is not cheap. But most Hobby grade CA is expensive here. BSI is an American brand. So it's an import for you.:(
Store in the Fridge, so it wont get weak. All CA's will get weaker over time. Whether opened or sealed. IMHO.

Last edited:
The CAD And USD exchange rate has always been crazy, for as long as I can remember.

Store your CA in the fridge if you want it to not go bad. CA goes bad over time. Whether new and sealed or especially after it is opened and used once. It gets weak.
Well that I did not know..👍🏼 thx

I've just been re-gluing my O8s tyres this afternoon, and I noticed my glue was thicker than it used to be 🤔

^^^ you noticed right. In the fridge it stays better and flows like when fresh. Just my observation over the years. Back then I read from documentation some where a CA brand mentioned it should be stored in the Fridge. Not the Freezer though.:LOL: I keep the bottles in a Zip lock and on the door of the fridge. Been flying that way for some years now. I had many bottles kept on my bench, even freshly sealed unopened and when I went to use them, they were stale and thick, some hardened, being sealed and all and some lost their strength to hold. Especially with Tires.

CA in the fridge, drano de-anodizing in the kitchen, curing ceramic paints in the oven, borrowing tea strainers for parts washing…. How are any of us still married?

The Bob smith industries ic-2000 is a rubberized glue and will flex/bend quite a bit before breaking versus standard CA glues that do not tollerate that as long. Given the nature of what happens to rubber tires that feature is critical.
I can attest to this! It's amazing I glued my backflips back on rims(0utcast exb 8s hobbywing 800kv) a yr later ,still attached & it's a violent rig! Lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back