What grease do I put back in a diff that does not have diff fluid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Fam

Watching a tear-down video on the new brushless Kyosho Mad Van VE. He opened the diff and it has grease inside. There is no gasket and looks if you did add diff fluid it will leak since the cup system does not look tight enough for oil.

So I am in the age of RC all I know is diff fluid. So when you have a diff cut that has grease...what type of grease goes back in when maintenance time comes? How much or fill it up...The pic is a new diff never ran (like Arrma rigs are known to be low when new) so how much grease?

Newbie looking for how to with grease in diffs...

Thx

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.21.09 PM.png

These don't have seals and diff oil will leak out even when you add one, ask me how I know :ROFLMAO:
Any grease will do and works fine.
You don't need diff oils on these, with the minimal stance it's probably not needed. The diffs can't handle a lot though.

These don't have seals and diff oil will leak out even when you add one, ask me how I know :ROFLMAO:
Any grease will do and works fine.
You don't need diff oils on these, with the minimal stance it's probably not needed. The diffs can't handle a lot though.
Thx I will learn from you, 😂 I will at least get them up to 80% with some red and tacky as other user posted.

Thx All

I'd say less than 50% is more than enough. It's literally only to grease the cogs and not for anything else. I light coating is truly all you need.
Too much and you will have issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back