Granite What grease should I use on the differential gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC4LIFE2700

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I have seen people use all different kinds of grease on the main differential gear, and it's kind of confusing. Can someone recommend me a well known commonly used grease? I'm willing to pay more for a high quality product but if there is a good budget option I am open to that too. I'm talking about this gear I think it's called the main differential gear:
MQYEMRCGVWRMNDMC3HZR8J3KDR2EUKCZDTQYVRCD4G4EE68F66.jpg

Я видел, как люди использовали разные виды смазки для главного дифференциала, и это немного сбивало с толку. Может ли кто-нибудь порекомендовать мне хорошо известную и широко используемую смазку? Я готов платить больше за высококачественный продукт, но если есть хороший бюджетный вариант, я тоже открыт для этого. Я говорю об этой передаче, я думаю, она называется главной дифференциальной передачей:
View attachment 137178

Castrol LMX or LIQUI MOLY Marine Grease​

I have seen people use all different kinds of grease on the main differential gear, and it's kind of confusing. Can someone recommend me a well known commonly used grease? I'm willing to pay more for a high quality product but if there is a good budget option I am open to that too. I'm talking about this gear I think it's called the main differential gear:
View attachment 137178
Silicone oil in the differential 10000cSt, and where the "red line" I use Castrol LMX or LIQUI MOLY Marine Grease for a water repellent effect

Безымянный.jpg

Use diff oil inside the diff, and any auto bearing or marine grease On the ring and pinion on the outside..

You can use any grease. Silicone Oil in 10K cst is what comes from the factory.
Hmm. Doesn't the grease go on the outside of the gear and then the silicone oil goes inside of the diff?
Lucas red n tacky
And is that for the outside of the gear? Then I would put my silicone oil inside of the diff?

Hmm. Doesn't the grease go on the outside of the gear and then the silicone oil goes inside of the diff?
Yes, the correct way to run the diff would be to fill the case with silicone oil and grease the gear on the outside.
Some prefer to fill the case with grease, for whatever reason, so I was confused with what you were asking.

Grease inside won't stiffen up your diff.

A tip: When you fill in the silicone oil, don't top the case off. If you put in too much, the excess oil will be pressed out through the seal. Not good. Consider, that the output shaft of the lid needs space in the casing. You can wipe off excess oil to a degree when you fit the lid, but, since the oil is very thick, it will be hard to fit the lid properly, even if some oil leaks out. For good measure, fill it so that the top of the gears are not covered.

Molybdenum disulfide for high speed/high pressure applications... now you have two more cents to work with.

Losi TLR77001 Great Grease 8cc - Sticky
Sorry... but... Seriously? people actually buy/use this stuff? it's like £5.99+ for 8cc, and its grease!... most of the high grade grease above comes in 500ml tubs for less than £10. Do a little research (y) your getting ripped off buying such small amounts mate.

Yep, seriously. I know it is much for little volume, but it takes me so little that this lasts me for roughly 20 uses.

I did my "research" once and bought some seemingly suitable grease in a larger canister once, which gave me dozen times as much volume for the price (same mindset).
Ended up spraying it all over the place in my diffcase. I never ever want to clean this up again :confused:. Tossed it away and bought the expensive stuff.
Furthermore, I am drowing in large oil canisters in my basement for all different sorts of things, which most probably my grandchildren will inherit one day, so yes I am happy with it so far :).

Back