What happened to my centre diff???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojave man

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Senton 6s
image.jpg
image.jpg

It looks like it stretched in the middle. Its not something grinding on it, its more like it stretched out and made sort of thin pointy bubbles in the plastic. Some of them are popped. Centrifugal forces?

Stock 100k. I was also running it on a 20t pinion.

doing wheelies before it failed?

edit: sct maybe not

What was the temp outside? If you were doing long full throttle passes back to back, like on a football field or something like that then it could definitely happen.

Man, I thought M2C Racing made diff cups for the Arrma line but it looks like just for Tekno? If that’s the case the I guess the new Arrma Aluminum diff cup is the way to go to keep this from happening again.

I did do one wheelie... at least it still works kinda, no holes=works???
It was hot as usual In australia, but i was not doing full throttle passes. I was only doing some jumps around a bmx track

I got my 6s centre driveline very hot once, after doing lots of wheelies. Dog bones and everything was hot, dam hot. To hot to hold.

My driveline is always most of the time too hot to touch

I did do one wheelie... at least it still works kinda, no holes=works???
It was hot as usual In australia, but i was not doing full throttle passes. I was only doing some jumps around a bmx track

which end of Aus are you?

I’m in brisbane
I think I’m gonna run it today with this diff and if i kill it I kill it. I bought a new battery and a futaba 3pv so i want to try them out today.

I’m in brisbane
I think I’m gonna run it today with this diff and if i kill it I kill it. I bought a new battery and a futaba 3pv so i want to try them out today.
Is there any damage that can be caused by running it with this half dead diff?

I think the damage is already done. At worse it may open and loose drive or oposite, lock like a spool. Or come apart and contact on other components. I think that would be worse case scenario. Sudden stop may break something else.

I think the damage is already done. At worse it may open and loose drive or oposite, lock like a spool. Or come apart and contact on other components. I think that would be worse case scenario. Sudden stop may break something else.
Yeah you’re right. I think Im going to steal the centre diff from my senton.

how do you compare your Senton to the Mojave?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back