Kraton What have you done to your Kraton today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today i have mostly drooled
over my Kraton seeing as i only got it yesterday and im waiting for my battery charger to arrive
20180823_092423.jpg
20180823_092820.jpg

bought a t-bone typhon front bumper/skid after this last night... was not expecting a sharp dip in the tarmac :(
IMG_8826.JPG

Finally managed to twist a Voltage front shock tower and everything else in the front. All that survived was my GPM turnbuckles and the differential case. Was doing some massive jumps and my niece was riding her four wheeler and as I was coming out of the air she was riding by and BOOM.

Finally managed to twist a Voltage front shock tower and everything else in the front. All that survived was my GPM turnbuckles and the differential case. Was doing some massive jumps and my niece was riding her four wheeler and as I was coming out of the air she was riding by and BOOM.

She ran it over?

No. It hit the front tire. Could have been much worse if it had hit her. The Leopard 4092 I have in it twisted the HR motor mount. Gonna take some pictures after I figure out what all is messed up.

Picture of the tower. Going to get a new one. Seems that once aluminum bends its always weaker and prone to tweaking back once its stressed again. Chassis is trash as well.

Attachments

• P_20180826_115007.jpg
    P_20180826_115007.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 87
Picture of the tower. Going to get a new one. Seems that once aluminum bends its always weaker and prone to tweaking back once its stressed again. Chassis is trash as well.
I really mangled my chassis but I was able to bend it back. The front end and back end bent

Rebuilt friends Kraton center diff with hr aluminum diff cup, new gear set, and shimmed.

Ok so the weight of the motor isn't what bent the HR motor mount. The back of the motor was up higher than the front so the bend in the HR mount came from where the chassis bent like a banana. It pushed the back of the motor up causing the bend. I straightened the chassis out and the voltage tower with an arbor press just to see how they would reform and man those voltage towers are strong. Got them straight but I won't reuse them. Anytime I tweak aluminum beyond a few degrees I replace it. I still can't figure out how the differential case survived.

Still waiting for info from supplier of the 40mm nitro muffler brace/mount I used...

E4706E7A-9113-498D-8C6B-1AE6C4A4BF95.jpeg
491F5FC3-9CAA-4EFB-A9EE-8DC422FD9515.jpeg
F4562425-7939-4B62-8D08-2C93C5EDB007.jpeg
04C3B076-CF32-4FFA-9EEA-ECCF68085C57.jpeg

Ok I got everything (chassis, voltage front tower, HR motor mount, 2 cvds, 2 shocks, steering top plate, steering posts, RPM front arms) ordered. Just waiting for it to arrive.

OMG...I'm scared..im real scared..i just got through shimming all 3 diffs..New diff oils..New bearings all around..spacers and washers in place of those plastic clips on all control arms..HR diff and motor mount..and a 15t pinion..OMG..this thing is a BEAST..I'm scared because I'm still running 4s..i don't know if i can handle 6s..

Got the Kraton all fixed back. Going to run it today along with my Outcast. Threw a 20t pinion on the Leopard 4274 1800kv in the Outcast. Hope it will liven it up a little more.

Thanx :) It only took 5 months to build :p

My upcoming Senton project will probably take just as long :joyful:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back