Kraton What have you done to your Kraton today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx :) the carbon fiber wing/wheelie bar extension fabbed by me. The carbon is mounted to an hr wing mount. I bought 2x 2ftx2ft sheets about 10 years ago.

https://dragonplate.com

The HD carbon shock towers were purchased from maxspeedpartsde on eBay though.

Last edited:
Changed the fluid in the center differential and I took a picture of the sun gear. The one on the left is from the dex408 center differential and the one on the right is the stock Arrma one. The dex408 differential with the Leopard 4092 has worked amazing so far.

Attachments

• P_20180910_094617.jpg
    P_20180910_094617.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 55
Changed the fluid in the center differential and I took a picture of the sun gear. The one on the left is from the dex408 center differential and the one on the right is the stock Arrma one. The dex408 differential with the Leopard 4092 has worked amazing so far.
Did you have to change the planetary gears as well?

I just used the entire Dex408 differential. I bought it so I can run a 46t spur and the gears being much bigger was a nice plus.

Installed. Castle Mamba Monster X and their 1515 2200kv motor. Also swapped out the Savox 1256TG I had in there for a 1210SG.

E1F896B5-5D60-4839-A451-FB99497EA5D4.jpeg
9E4CD4B7-C342-4774-AE3F-1685D3A2DB45.jpeg
096B43DB-9140-44BA-A2C0-86CF30FAFBAE.jpeg
EB3FD17F-B43A-441E-8353-03EEF935AFB3.jpeg

Swapped everything over to the new chassis. (just gotta put the wing back on) Fabbed up a tower to tower brace. I wanted to have it so it rested on both towers but then I would have to raise the body posts and stuff like that. Will see how this performs. Can always make a new brace if needed

IMG_0289.JPG

Drove the Kraton right under my car at about 30mph. Yes im an idiot lol, lucky I put the additional tower brace as more damage for sure, but man this thing is a tank. Bend front tower back to place, put the pins holding the left AArm and a little bit of blue loctite and im back and running. Have to replace the carbon fiber tower support but my kit came with 2. Love the Kraton V3 especially after replacing stupid stock tires with backflips. Handles and jumps great at the track enough to turn heads from the racers as I can keep up with some of them (except in the turns)

Drove the Kraton right under my car at about 30mph. Yes im an idiot lol, lucky I put the additional tower brace as more damage for sure, but man this thing is a tank. Bend front tower back to place, put the pins holding the left AArm and a little bit of blue loctite and im back and running. Have to replace the carbon fiber tower support but my kit came with 2. Love the Kraton V3 especially after replacing stupid stock tires with backflips. Handles and jumps great at the track enough to turn heads from the racers as I can keep up with some of them (except in the turns)

What kit are you referring to?

Replacing the servo in my Kraton. Has anyone avoided replacing this?

With my outcast I am trying to see how long the stock servo lasts. So far I have had no problems with it but its still quite new

Finally got a chance to bash head to head with an X-Maxx. My Kraton beat it at everything from straight runs to jumping. Granted my Kraton is far from stock but the X-Maxx was upgraded too. I just expected more from an $800 truck. Was a blast to bash with tho till the front bulkhead on the X-Maxx busted when it took a nosedive off a little 10ft jump. That thing is just so heavy that it's weight destroyed it.

What kit are you referring to?

Sorry for late reply but my carbon fiber rods came with 2 in a bag. Their pretty narrow about 1/2" wide so now instead of running a single, I put both on. I'll try and post pics.
WIN_20180928_15_13_34_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Broke my RPM wing mount. Was just doing wheelies and speed runs today with the kraton. It broke where I noticed it was starting to bend. Its a clean break so I might swap it with my outcast and run that without a wing

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back