Kraton What have you done to your Kraton today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the trencher 3.8s on when it happened but it wasn't the tires that caused it because I run 3.8s on alot of my rigs. But I was on 6s when it happened hard into the throttle then kaboom out of nowhere. But I've changed out the diff and havnt had any other issues. But I bought the masher to go with the summit body think they will look good on it.

Yours definitely looks worse than mine! Mine only blew out on 2 sides, the other side/set of gears did melt and shift positions though. I had to break the housing to get my avid bearing off.

Damn, sometimes we're forced to learn the hard way. My ebay mud guards (clear) just came in the mail today for my Talion. Thanks Cordell.

Your welcome. Happy you got them, I was worried a bit when I tried to track them and the tracking didnt show any movement. If you ever need anything else look me up.

I had to break the housing to get the bearing off 2 it was bad. Once I got the case opened all the spider gears were bronze colored scraped everything but the 50t. Then just went on a ordering spree and I have at east 3 full diff sets for all my new arrmas now.

I swapped over to HR aluminum diff cups front/center/rear, housings, and center mount with top plate and in preparation for the power combo in my Kraton project. Still going to try and pick up a full set of spare diffs since daughter has an outcast also.

Tower 2 tower brace
100_0399.JPG

I blew my tires yesterday on a run. I didn't know the all that foam could come out of such a small hole.

I had a waterlogged tire and had drilled small holes in the tire to fling it out. It wasnt coming out fast enough when driving so I picked the Kraton up and gunned it. The tire ballooned HUGE and then popped! Kinda scared me LOL

So here is my weekly "I broke this" submission for last week.

Yesterday I went out after replacing the center diff, I was ready to go, Kraton wheels were turning like butter! My son was with me driving his Nero, we switched trucks for a few, then switched back. I got distracted and started following his Nero thinking it was my Kraton....BAM! Ran right into the tennis court fence lol. I busted a inner bearing in the steering turnbuckle, busted the turnbuckle itself, and bent a driveshaft. I was able to get it back to a semi running state while out in the field and carried on. I then noticed the Kraton had gotten much louder in the center diff area. Well my replacement center diff come with a new Spur gear and I never set the mesh and it ate my pinion up...I know I know. Anyway all parts are on the way already!

So here is my weekly "I broke this" submission for last week.

Yesterday I went out after replacing the center diff, I was ready to go, Kraton wheels were turning like butter! My son was with me driving his Nero, we switched trucks for a few, then switched back. I got distracted and started following his Nero thinking it was my Kraton....BAM! Ran right into the tennis court fence lol. I busted a inner bearing in the steering turnbuckle, busted the turnbuckle itself, and bent a driveshaft. I was able to get it back to a semi running state while out in the field and carried on. I then noticed the Kraton had gotten much louder in the center diff area. Well my replacement center diff come with a new Spur gear and I never set the mesh and it ate my pinion up...I know I know. Anyway all parts are on the way already!
Man, not good luck bud. Just think, all this will be behind you soon, as it has to get better for you.

After some hard bashing a couple of days ago, it looked like maybe something was wrong with my Kraton. Luckily, I noticed this & stopped just in time, as both lower pillow balls had backed out and were hanging on by just a few threads + my upper hinge pin also loosened off, and was nearly out. All this, with the front end barely together and it was still driving & jumping ok right before this. Amazing! Since I was in a big open sand pit, I guess it was harder to notice my Kraton's front end problems earlier, or maybe I was just having too much fun jumping? This time it turned out ok (knock on wood), as I would have never found any parts that might have fallen off in this bash spot.

I have 2 sets of the Backflips. I'm really looking forward to finally trying out these Bigger, Badder, Badlands. I did not want to run these until I checked all 3 of my diffs 1st. Haven't seen a blue Kraton for a while.

It's a V1. Everything has been upgrade to a V2 or better besides the Steering blocks and rear blocks. Debating on doing that, though I don't think I really need to. The wheelbase didn't change between the versions as they all use the same part# for cvd driveshafts.

Went through and rebuilt my front and rear diffs. Now all 3 diffs are shimmed and repacked with oil 10k/100k/50k starting with the rear. I didnt run it like most sunday's but when I hit the throttle now the sound it makes is much smoother.

Just received my new servo today. Excited to get it installed. Waiting till my gka servo mount comes in later this week. Will be adding an external bec to take advantage of the servos full capabilities. Was looking at the savox 1210 but this one had better torque for about 18 bucks more. Also getting a full set of green seal boca bearings tomorrow. Lots of wrenching ahead. Lol I love it though.

Attachments

• 20180402_154356.jpg
    20180402_154356.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 62
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back