Kraton What have you done to your Kraton today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've now ran 4 batteries through my Kraton without breaking anything! Today we hit the local high school and played around on a big hill and the soccer fields. At one point the Kraton did 5 cartwheels, landed on all fours and took off like nothing even happened lol. Was a good bash day today.

I've now ran 4 batteries through my Kraton without breaking anything! Today we hit the local high school and played around on a big hill and the soccer fields. At one point the Kraton did 5 cartwheels, landed on all fours and took off like nothing even happened lol. Was a good bash day today.
Cordell, it is great to hear 4 batteries run through it and no crashes. Arrma are amazing machines, as I've done countless cartwheels & end over ends, and like you said, just drive away after like nothing ever happened...

I did my first Backflip today, went and grabbed a couple buckets and leaned a piece of plywood against them and went to town!
I landed kind of funky one time shortly after this flip and the rear dogbone popped out. I also seem to have bent my rear shock tower a little bit.

edit...Bent my chassis too, not happy right now.

Last edited:
We're going to be doing some testing to better understand if you can convert the rear of both a Kraton and Talion to CVD. According to the measurements we have found, it looks as though you can use the front CVD from the Kraton/Talion and fit it into the rear. I'm unsure of the hub carriers, but we'll see.
Hey dingo, do you know of any more robust diffs/housings that could work for a kraton?

I need to get my calipers and start measuring parts.

I don't have a lot of faith in the stock kraton driveline

20180417_153144_polarr.jpg
20180417_153153_polarr.jpg
Got my new rear wing on today. I'm waiting on a delivery of new tires after I destroyed my stock tires with water in them. I do have some mt tires on, but they are very wide and unbalanced, I'm a bit nervous running the car this way.

I got a few backflips going the other day at least too.

We're going to be doing some testing to better understand if you can convert the rear of both a Kraton and Talion to CVD. According to the measurements we have found, it looks as though you can use the front CVD from the Kraton/Talion and fit it into the rear. I'm unsure of the hub carriers, but we'll see.
They will work just fine . I have already made the switch.

Oh you didn't? Not a traxxas body on a kraton, shame, shame, shame on you......lmao. Someone had to do it......lol.
It's a stealth Kraton, no one will believe how reliable "that traxxas" is. They will all think that it is only a turn away from breaking.

Made some shock covers, aluminum chassis protector, and installed gpm rear lower suspension mount.

Attachments

• 20180417_160332.jpg
    20180417_160332.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 20180417_160441.jpg
    20180417_160441.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 58
I bought some stretchy nylon material from hobby lobby, the tops have a couple stiches securing them to the spring and tucked on the bottom, secured with the shock cup. They don't seem to interfere at all.

Today I finished installing front and rear dif to diff braces I custom made from aluminum channel. Had to re-drill and tap motor mount and dif mount for larger coarse thread screws to keep them from pulling out and modified body support tower to connect braces. I will be sending it this weekend, then will update you all on how it holds up. This concludes my complete rebuild with v3 diffs, FE bearings, HR chassis braces, VH servo mount, VH center link, VH suspension pin mounts on the front, GPM on the rear, diy rear skid/bumper with red leds, new RPM susp arms all around and a new RPM front bumper. I believe there's only a few screws and a couple piece of plastic that are original to Mai V1 Creighton

Attachments

• 20180417_171613.jpg
    20180417_171613.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 20180417_171829.jpg
    20180417_171829.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20180417_171859.jpg
    20180417_171859.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20180417_172051.jpg
    20180417_172051.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 68
I got some Markhor parts in for my Kraton. I wanted the top brace but there was a misunderstanding. I’ll get these parts installed and post pics soon. These pieces look fantastic.

Attachments

• 9756C9D1-F0B9-4B05-9C12-D4C2EBE4849A.jpeg
    9756C9D1-F0B9-4B05-9C12-D4C2EBE4849A.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 416EF1F4-D297-4AE6-A555-A6F72DED8923.jpeg
    416EF1F4-D297-4AE6-A555-A6F72DED8923.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 9B198114-8415-4C70-BECA-9CD944DB084D.jpeg
    9B198114-8415-4C70-BECA-9CD944DB084D.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 47
Today I finished installing front and rear dif to diff braces I custom made from aluminum channel. Had to re-drill and tap motor mount and dif mount for larger coarse thread screws to keep them from pulling out and modified body support tower to connect braces. I will be sending it this weekend, then will update you all on how it holds up. This concludes my complete rebuild with v3 diffs, FE bearings, HR chassis braces, VH servo mount, VH center link, VH suspension pin mounts on the front, GPM on the rear, diy rear skid/bumper with red leds, new RPM susp arms all around and a new RPM front bumper. I believe there's only a few screws and a couple piece of plastic that are original to Mai V1 Creighton
These look rather serious, I often wonder what people are doing with their cars that require such reinforcement?

What does this actually stop? I have yet to even break a plastic chassis brace. Bent shock towers and destroyed my shocks.

These look rather serious, I often wonder what people are doing with their cars that require such reinforcement?

What does this actually stop? I have yet to even break a plastic chassis brace. Bent shock towers and destroyed my shocks.
Go watch some of @Rich Duperbash 's videos. Those 'big air' guys are the ones that need the extra layer of braces...

Go watch some of @Rich Duperbash 's videos. Those 'big air' guys are the ones that need the extra layer of braces...
I've seen him use chassis braces, but not the diff braces, I'm not having a go at you I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about the hobby.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back