Kraton What have you done to your Kraton today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how my KRATON stands at the moment. I can have it low again in about 15 minutes, but it's fun like this, plus it wheelies effortlessly with those huge TRENCHERS on it

Attachments

• 1524094915818329449896.jpg
    1524094915818329449896.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20180418_194234266.jpg
    IMG_20180418_194234266.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 71
I've seen him use chassis braces, but not the diff braces, I'm not having a go at you I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about the hobby.
No worries. The brace that @crman1964 has is, I think, just a better looking bolt on option for the tower-to-tower brace that the big air guys use. I know the first time I launched my Kraton 20' in the air, it tore the rear body posts thru the shell, because of the flex on landing. Braces like this try to get rid of that flex.

Today, I put an Arrma face grill on my Kraton. Also installed Voltage Hobbies front upper & lower suspension pin mounts. Then, sadly, I removed the Voltage Hobbies servo mount and steering center link, which I replaced with parts almost identical made by EMP. Picked them up on EBay for 25.00 for the set, very good quality. View attachment 16789 View attachment 16790
i like the "face grill"

Talion wing and Leopard V2 4282 2000kv motor.

Attachments

• 20180421_214018.jpg
    20180421_214018.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20180421_214044.jpg
    20180421_214044.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 59
Does it wheelie better with your setup? I can make mine wheelie all I want on 4S, 6S too but way more difficult. I don't have time to make one today but I will by this weekend hopefully. Thanks for sharing and the info. That's by far the simplest home fabricated wheelie bar I have seen so far

Yes it wheelies great now alot more controllable it doesn't waddle as much. I also built 1 for my outcast because I'm not a fan of the wingmounts on the rigs. A bad landing breaks that small plastic piece that mounts to the diff case and you have to order a entire new diff case just for the plastic piece that mounts the wing mount. I love the way it acts under power.

Did this last night:
not my best landing, and ended up with a twisted chassis in the rear(should come out straight enough for now though).

Got some parts today(tyres, diff cup and gaskets), I'm super excited to try the Backflips, they look awesome!
IMG_20180426_191447.jpg

I'm also wondering if it's worth considering a Talion chassis, I can get one cheaper than a new Kraton one, but I'm wondering what else I'll need to swap over(chassis braces I assume, but what else?)?

Did this last night:
not my best landing, and ended up with a twisted chassis in the rear(should come out straight enough for now though).

Got some parts today(tyres, diff cup and gaskets), I'm super excited to try the Backflips, they look awesome!View attachment 18204

I'm also wondering if it's worth considering a Talion chassis, I can get one cheaper than a new Kraton one, but I'm wondering what else I'll need to swap over(chassis braces I assume, but what else?)?
Did i see smoke? That was a rough squash, man.

Did i see smoke? That was a rough squash, man.
It is just dusty, a little tail heavy on the landing, the car was fine after this jump, the battery just come unplugged. The footage doesn't show how dark it was, I couldn't spot my landings well and I was going for distance with these. I won't be rushing to destroy the car again though, I'll tame it down for a while.

Took my Kraton to the local outdoor race track this morning. Saw a guy running a little 1/10 Tekno eb48 and thought to myself, I'm gonna blow the doors off this guy and his 1/10. Well the exact opposite happened, it's not that I couldn't keep up with him, I had no control like he did. My Kraton was slipping and sliding all over the place! After a battery I spoke too the Tekno guy. Turns out he is sponcered by some team and has a whole trailer full of RC. Anyway he explained I have a good truggie, but the wrong tires for racing. I had my dBooks Backflips on, I need some sponge like tires if I'm gonna go back there. Dude had 20 different sets, one for humidity, one for 90 degree heat, one for 80 degree, and on and on lol. Don't know if I'll attempt the track again, I did do a HUGE backflip off the doubles though. Only when I landed the screw that holds the chassis brace on had fallen out of my Voltage Hobbies brace, chassis slightly bent. Replaced the screw and added loktite this time and the chassis went back into it's shape.

Then I come home and painted my Enforcer body :D

20180428_160645.jpg

Took my Kraton to the local outdoor race track this morning. Saw a guy running a little 1/10 Tekno eb48 and thought to myself, I'm gonna blow the doors off this guy and his 1/10. Well the exact opposite happened, it's not that I couldn't keep up with him, I had no control like he did. My Kraton was slipping and sliding all over the place! After a battery I spoke too the Tekno guy. Turns out he is sponcered by some team and has a whole trailer full of RC. Anyway he explained I have a good truggie, but the wrong tires for racing. I had my dBooks Backflips on, I need some sponge like tires if I'm gonna go back there. Dude had 20 different sets, one for humidity, one for 90 degree heat, one for 80 degree, and on and on lol. Don't know if I'll attempt the track again, I did do a HUGE backflip off the doubles though. Only when I landed the screw that holds the chassis brace on had fallen out of my Voltage Hobbies brace, chassis slightly bent. Replaced the screw and added loktite this time and the chassis went back into it's shape.

Then I come home and painted my Enforcer body :D

View attachment 18277
It makes me wonder about these cars as racers, I've had a similar experience with my Kraton, it has such great handling and speed, but on tracks I've driven my traxxas slash 4x4 is often quicker. I've had a mixed result racing my slash against truggy style trucks and buggies(non official racing, but at an organised track meet). If the tyres are all it needs, I wonder which ones would be best to run?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back