Kraton What have you done to your Kraton today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes me wonder about these cars as racers, I've had a similar experience with my Kraton, it has such great handling and speed, but on tracks I've driven my traxxas slash 4x4 is often quicker. I've had a mixed result racing my slash against truggy style trucks and buggies(non official racing, but at an organised track meet). If the tyres are all it needs, I wonder which ones would be best to run?

That little Tekno was using tires like these https://www.prolineracing.com/1-8-buggy-race-tires Not necessarily the Proline brand, but this style. He also had a Tekno Truggie, the width of the truggie didnt look as big as my Kraton. Could be because he didnt have wheels on it at the time, I don't know. I wonder as well about the Kraton with these type of tires, I was hoping he would let me run a old set to spin a lap or two. I mean the guy had 20 sets, surely he couldve let me destroy one of them lol. This track was built with 1/10 scale in mind though, they do have 1/8 open racing there though. I bet the beginner class would be a mess!

Today I destroyed a old cell phone (HTC EVO 3D) by using it as a speedometer. Made a few speed runs and took one more pass when the phone flew off the wing of the Kraton. I had it held down to the wing with 2 zip ties. The screen was shattered, frame around the phone was bent, found the battery 30 foot away from the phone lol. The good thing about it, the phone booted backup and after 10 minutes of pressing the speedometer app icon it opened up. I was clocked at 65 mph!!!

Castle 1515 w/17T pinion - mamba monster X - 6s

Today I destroyed a old cell phone (HTC EVO 3D) by using it as a speedometer. Made a few speed runs and took one more pass when the phone flew off the wing of the Kraton. I had it held down to the wing with 2 zip ties. The screen was shattered, frame around the phone was bent, found the battery 30 foot away from the phone lol. The good thing about it, the phone booted backup and after 10 minutes of pressing the speedometer app icon it opened up. I was clocked at 65 mph!!!
Awesome result!

It makes me wonder about these cars as racers, I've had a similar experience with my Kraton, it has such great handling and speed, but on tracks I've driven my traxxas slash 4x4 is often quicker. I've had a mixed result racing my slash against truggy style trucks and buggies(non official racing, but at an organised track meet). If the tyres are all it needs, I wonder which ones would be best to run?

Same here. Changed my diff oils to. F10K C50K R30K and its a track beast. No wheelies just hooks and goes. Now you gotta kick it in the ass to make it the back swing around.
On pavement it hooks after 4 feet and is friggin GONE! Also i run a 13t pinion and badlands. About 43mph tops but it gets there so fast now. It feels slower because its so much more under control.

Took out the esc and motor and sending back for warranty. Motor locked up and then the esc sparked and started smoking.

Went to a local skate park, had a bike cop show up. he radioed 2 more bike cops and they were watching and asking questions. I had made this jump earlier where my Kraton grinded the handrail after my jump, I broke a shock end while trying to do it again. Had a blast, Ill definitely be hitting up skate parks again! Maybe next time i'll let the wife come so she can record some video lol.

20180507_090249.jpg

20180507_093640.jpg

Went to a local skate park, had a bike cop show up. he radioed 2 more bike cops and they were watching and asking questions. I had made this jump earlier where my Kraton grinded the handrail after my jump, I broke a shock end while trying to do it again. Had a blast, Ill definitely be hitting up skate parks again! Maybe next time i'll let the wife come so she can record some video lol.

View attachment 18470

View attachment 18471
Good thing they didn't get you for speeding LOL. Is that the discontinued Mugen Bulldog body, as it sure looks good?

Good thing they didn't get you for speeding LOL. Is that the discontinued Mugen Bulldog body, as it sure looks good?

LOL yeah, I did think that when the first cop had come over to me he was going to say "you can't do this here"

Thanks, this is the first body I've ever done. The body is the Enforcer by Proline, surprisingly it was fairly cheap too. With the body and paint I spent around $45. I even did the shoe-goo with drywall tape thing. Unfortunately I did get a small tear in the front wheel well today. I think it will be OK though, gonna patch it with some more goo and tape and keep on truckin :D

LOL yeah, I did think that when the first cop had come over to me he was going to say "you can't do this here"

Thanks, this is the first body I've ever done. The body is the Enforcer by Proline, surprisingly it was fairly cheap too. With the body and paint I spent around $45. I even did the shoe-goo with drywall tape thing. Unfortunately I did get a small tear in the front wheel well today. I think it will be OK though, gonna patch it with some more goo and tape and keep on truckin :D
Good thing the cops didn't want to race. Actually it could be a cool video with the bike cops hilariously trying to keep up...

The Pro-Line Enforcer body looks like if fits your Kraton really well. I only did the Gorilla Tape in my Talion and Kraton bodies. I gather the Enforcer Body is much thinner material than Arrma's bodies, and requires more underside reinforcing?

Good thing the cops didn't want to race. Actually it could be a cool video with the bike cops hilariously trying to keep up...

The Pro-Line Enforcer body looks like if fits your Kraton really well. I only did the Gorilla Tape in my Talion and Kraton bodies. I gather the Enforcer Body is much thinner material than Arrma's bodies, and requires more underside reinforcing?

Actually the Proline body is much stronger than the stock bodies, especially the top. I have the v1 that I've put on the v3 Talion chassis. The shocks and standoffs are still v1 and have a tendency to slip off of the standoffs. This happened to both my front shocks, then caused the wheel to grip the body and crinkle it into itself.

20180507_113930.jpg
It right where I stopped the goo and tape

20180507_113941.jpg

Actually the Proline body is much stronger than the stock bodies, especially the top. I have the v1 that I've put on the v3 Talion chassis. The shocks and standoffs are still v1 and have a tendency to slip off of the standoffs. This happened to both my front shocks, then caused the wheel to grip the body and crinkle it into itself.

View attachment 18474
It right where I stopped the goo and tape

View attachment 18475
Cool, so everything transfered over to the V3 Talion chassis as we hoped? Did you do a build thread on using the V3 Talion chassis? Any more closeup pics of your Enforcer body mounted on your Kraton? I've heard if you use the V3 shock standoffs, it should solve your problem.

Cool, so everything transfered over to the V3 Talion chassis as we hoped? Did you do a build thread on using the V3 Talion chassis? Any more closeup pics of your Enforcer body mounted on your Kraton? I've heard if you use the V3 shock standoffs, it should solve your problem.

Yes, did a build thread but there wasn't a whole lot to report due to how easy it was. Only real thing needed was the chassis braces, got them and shock towwrs from Voltage Hobbies. Oh, I also used the new battery box. Pretty sure that box would work in the V1 and 2 as well. I been searching around for the new standoff, but think I need the new caps as well. These are sold out everywhere right now. Same with the new standoff protectors, sold out.

Since Kraton is pretty much completed I am beginning to work in a Nero XL. It was my son's but he doesn't really like it, so I bought him a Granite BLX. If he doesn't like that, I give up lol.

Yes, did a build thread but there wasn't a whole lot to report due to how easy it was. Only real thing needed was the chassis braces, got them and shock towwrs from Voltage Hobbies. Oh, I also used the new battery box. Pretty sure that box would work in the V1 and 2 as well. I been searching around for the new standoff, but think I need the new caps as well. These are sold out everywhere right now. Same with the new standoff protectors, sold out.

Since Kraton is pretty much completed I am beginning to work in a Nero XL. It was my son's but he doesn't really like it, so I bought him a Granite BLX. If he doesn't like that, I give up lol.
Glad to hear, as I did say earlier you "should" only need the V3 Talion chassis braces to make it all work. If Arrma only made a new MT... A Nero XL sounds awesome, as ThomasP is also building one. Your kidding, your son didn't like the Nero? I would have been in heaven if someone gave me anything even close to a Nero when I was growing up. Seems most kids nowadays would prefer a new phone...

Glad to hear, as I did say earlier you "should" only need the V3 Talion chassis braces to make it all work. If Arrma only made a new MT... A Nero XL sounds awesome, as ThomasP is also building one. Your kidding, your son didn't like the Nero? I would have been in heaven if someone gave me anything even close to a Nero when I was growing up. Seems most kids nowadays would prefer a new phone...

Well he had saved up $120 and I threw in the rest. This Nero XL is much heavier than my Kraton, and it has a weak servo. Turning isn't all that great due to the weight and servo. He broke a rod end, and just let it sit for a month. I fixed the rod end, then broke the custom battery boxes by not using the foams and taking a shortcut when securing the batteries. A few days later he says "we should get a Traxxas" :mad::mad::mad: kids...

So I repo'd the Nero XL, bought him a Granite BLX and told him to beat it to death if you want LOL.

The Nero XL is built, just needs a body and a stronger servo. I had to install the stock battery boxes back on it, Custom Hobbyz is out and currently designing new ones. I am so tempted to sell it as a roller/slider and buy a MT410. I've even taken the pics to throw it up on eBay lol.

Well he had saved up $120 and I threw in the rest. This Nero XL is much heavier than my Kraton, and it has a weak servo. Turning isn't all that great due to the weight and servo. He broke a rod end, and just let it sit for a month. I fixed the rod end, then broke the custom battery boxes by not using the foams and taking a shortcut when securing the batteries. A few days later he says "we should get a Traxxas" :mad::mad::mad: kids...

So I repo'd the Nero XL, bought him a Granite BLX and told him to beat it to death if you want LOL.

The Nero XL is built, just needs a body and a stronger servo. I had to install the stock battery boxes back on it, Custom Hobbyz is out and currently designing new ones. I am so tempted to sell it as a roller/slider and buy a MT410. I've even taken the pics to throw it up on eBay lol.
Yes, kids will appreciate it a lot more when they chip in their own money. I would love to also build a MT410, if it was only a bit bigger...

Yes, kids will appreciate it a lot more when they chip in their own money. I would love to also build a MT410, if it was only a bit bigger...

That is one of the things holding me back, the size. From what I understand it is the same size as an Outcast, a 1/8th scale but called a 1/10. If never drove a Outcast, but I do know that Nero XL is more stable than my Kraton. Makes me wonder if the MT410 would be all over the place compared to Kraton/Talion. A lot of $ to spend and decide you don't like it.

That is one of the things holding me back, the size. From what I understand it is the same size as an Outcast, a 1/8th scale but called a 1/10. If never drove a Outcast, but I do know that Nero XL is more stable than my Kraton. Makes me wonder if the MT410 would be all over the place compared to Kraton/Talion. A lot of $ to spend and decide you don't like it.
Exactly, that is one of the main reasons I also haven't bought the Outcast, as the chassis is just too short to put all that 6S brushless power to the ground (the front end would never be on the ground). For flips and stunts, the Outcast would definitely shine though...The smaller size of the MT410 also helps it be more durable, and maybe reason Tekno made it 1/10 instead of 1/8 scale?

Took my Kraton to the local outdoor race track this morning. Saw a guy running a little 1/10 Tekno eb48 and thought to myself, I'm gonna blow the doors off this guy and his 1/10. Well the exact opposite happened, it's not that I couldn't keep up with him, I had no control like he did. My Kraton was slipping and sliding all over the place! After a battery I spoke too the Tekno guy. Turns out he is sponcered by some team and has a whole trailer full of RC. Anyway he explained I have a good truggie, but the wrong tires for racing. I had my dBooks Backflips on, I need some sponge like tires if I'm gonna go back there. Dude had 20 different sets, one for humidity, one for 90 degree heat, one for 80 degree, and on and on lol. Don't know if I'll attempt the track again, I did do a HUGE backflip off the doubles though. Only when I landed the screw that holds the chassis brace on had fallen out of my Voltage Hobbies brace, chassis slightly bent. Replaced the screw and added loktite this time and the chassis went back into it's shape.

Then I come home and painted my Enforcer body :D

View attachment 18277
Was that up at Mikes?

I've had similar experience at my local track. But buy 1-2 sets of proper truggy tires that are the correct tire for that track, and you are set. No need for 20 sets of tires until you want to go hardcore racer. And by then, you will want a Tekno truggy instead of a Kraton.

But really, the proper tires is half, or more, of a proper setup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back