Kraton What have you done to your Kraton today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have raised the wing mount and lowered the outcast wheelie bar by fabricating cf extension to the hr to accommodate the summit body. This definitely keeps the rear end planted at speed, and the wheelie bar lowered geometry is great.
ED7CA0FC-4422-4915-B5FD-2BC8605FBFFD.jpeg
56D10964-8DE6-4266-8C32-06832215F54B.jpeg
3837177B-40F7-45DD-B3D4-4D3D96432409.jpeg

Finished building the DEX408 center differential and put it in my Kraton along with a RR 22t pinion. Haven't got to run it yet.

Attachments

• P_20180813_183308.jpg
    P_20180813_183308.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 59
Neat chart man. While putting in the new differential and doing repairs from the tumble the other day I noticed one of the mounting ears on my Esc broke. Guess I had the screw to tight and it broke during the tumble. Couldn't find them anywhere so I contacted Hobbywing and they are getting me a new mounting plate.

Got a good run in with the 46s/22p yesterday. Man that thing is an animal. I can put it on its lid at any point still. I love the DEX408 differential so far.

Finally got my motor mount in today. Put a mixture of 500k and 50k diff fluid in the center diff. Put in a 17t pinion. Put on the yeah racing heatsink.. Didnt hook up the fans yet. Got some 4s 7400 mah batteries too

Now to test it out.. Really hope I did everything correctly

I was doing some more running with the new differential and was checking temps. Got to 138f. Didn't know but I had one of my fans on my Yeah Racing heatsink not working. Gonna order a few new ones.

Finally got my motor mount in today. Put a mixture of 500k and 50k diff fluid in the center diff. Put in a 17t pinion. Put on the yeah racing heatsink.. Didnt hook up the fans yet. Got some 4s 7400 mah batteries too

Now to test it out.. Really hope I did everything correctly

Just did one 4s pack and kept an eye on temps. On loose gravel and grass the most it got up to was 125ish. Was not going full out the whole time but had it on full throttle for a bit. I think my mesh is ok. Sounded loud but thats cuz I kept the body off it for this run.

4s 90C and a 17t actually has some zip to it.

Is it normal for the ESC led to go red when you go in reverse? I just noticed that and was wondering.

hello all, bought myself a kraton yesterday including a Turnigy 6S Lipo. What great fun this monster is! :D
only had tamiyas so far which are prettier but not so sturdy sometimes.

so first run because im a noob I landed on kratons head and side and back and ... I broke stuff.

the shock tower was bent, one spring perch was missing and a screw came out its hole half way.
shock tower removal would've been easy if one screw hadn't had its head stripped from factory so drilled that out.

now I want to show you my diy spring perch:

K1600_DSC_0012.JPG

held up fine for the second run today which had far less crashes.

but for whatever reason after 10 seconds of driving the front left dogbone excaped. repared that and had a full run with no other damages

Got a few packs run on the Dex408 center differential with the 46t losi spur. Its a monster. It barely fits cause the case and stuff is bigger than the Arrma one. No rubbing anywhere and man its such a smooth feeling differential.

Attachments

• P_20180819_125857_HDR.jpg
    P_20180819_125857_HDR.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 63
Hooked up one of my yeah racing fans. See if it helps the temps. Was getting warm with the 17t pinion

Attachments

• IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 55
Just finished flying up-down my road for the past 30min.. rear corners of the wing get nicked on the tarmac a little - even with the wheelie bar wing mount extension design. The wheelie bar wheelies are showing a little wear... The tp 4070cm 2200kv is ludacris and puts a smile on my face every run :D

E3E33A0B-E534-4075-8151-9C2603A5AE47.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back