What hub extensions are out there for the arrma typhon 3s blx? New to the site. So im sorry if this thread was already posted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hippy48

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
What hub extensions are out there for the arrma typhon 3s blx? New to the site. So im sorry if this thread was already posted

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ATF117XT02;c=1407
These are the only ones I know of... I haven’t used them myself but they are supposed to be really good from what all I’ve heard.
Those won’t work with the Typhon axles. You have to have the threaded axels for the Granite, Senton, or BRCC to use the HR hexes above.

I don’t know if an extended hex for the Typhon 3S to be honest. I am considering making mine more narrow for speed running. I’m thinking of using the Granite arms instead.

Those won’t work with the Typhon axles. You have to have the threaded axels for the Granite, Senton, or BRCC to use the HR hexes above.

I don’t know if an extended hex for the Typhon 3S to be honest. I am considering making mine more narrow for speed running. I’m thinking of using the Granite arms instead.
Ooooh ok
Wait what’s a threaded axle? I have the HR driveshafts so am I good for a just direct mount for those hub extensions on my BRCC or no?

Ooooh ok
Wait what’s a threaded axle? I have the HR driveshafts so am I good for a just direct mount for those hub extensions on my BRCC or no?
The threaded axles look like this

5C4D071B-5520-4FE6-8FBF-E317C793A2CA.jpeg

The Typhon axles look like this

5AB4BD51-B0D0-45BF-9136-015229F1A142.jpeg

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ATF117XT02;c=1407
These are the only ones I know of... I haven’t used them myself but they are supposed to be really good from what all I’ve heard.

I have these and they are really good, although I did loose a nut from my own stupidity...

Just a word of warning for anyone else looking at these, they are an extender (+10mm) and an adapter to 17mm so you will need new wheels as well (Proline Badlands PRO10125-18 work well). Just an FYI

I have these and they are really good, although I did loose a nut from my own stupidity...

Just a word of warning for anyone else looking at these, they are an extender (+10mm) and an adapter to 17mm so you will need new wheels as well (Proline Badlands PRO10125-18 work well). Just an FYI
So u saying I cant use the factory wheels with extension set up?

So u saying I cant use the factory wheels with extension set up?
The Typhon 3s factory wheels use a 17mm hub pattern so they will work with the hot racing adapters / extensions. The other 3s Arrma trucks use a 14mm wheel hub pattern so most of the time this adapter is used only to switch to different aftermarket wheels/tires.

The Typhon 3s factory wheels use a 17mm hub pattern so they will work with the hot racing adapters / extensions. The other 3s Arrma trucks use a 14mm wheel hub pattern so most of the time this adapter is used only to switch to different aftermarket wheels/tires.
That's what i thought. Ok cool thanks 4 the reply.

Last edited:
These look so much more durable than the Granite axles. I snapped another today. Can I use them on the Granite? What do I need? Typhon arms, rod ends/turnbuckles and hexes?

*Just found it on another post. Looks like this will work.
There's no way to fit stock 14mm granites wheels to typhon axles. To use Typhon axles you need 17mm hexes and 17mm hex wheels/tires. If you're using hot racing adapters with granite axles already to run 17mm wheels then just swapping to typhon axles and hexes is all you need to do to switch. You will lose some offset but that's it.

There's no way to fit stock 14mm granites wheels to typhon axles. To use Typhon axles you need 17mm hexes and 17mm hex wheels/tires. If you're using hot racing adapters with granite axles already to run 17mm wheels then just swapping to typhon axles and hexes is all you need to do to switch. You will lose some offset but that's it.

Thanks. Running the HR 17mm adapters already. I think this solves my 3 most common recurring problems, keeping the HR adapters loc-tited, snapping axles, and I can use the composite links from the brushed Typhon, no more bent turnbuckles that need to be re-aligned after every run. Going to get the arms as well to keep some extra width.

Last edited:
The HR hexes for the Granite won’t work on Typhon axles. Only Typhon hexes work on Typhon axles and vice versa.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back