Senton What I did this past week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBassBrent

Deep in the heat of Texas
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Worked on the Senton converted to buggy this past week. I'm eventually hoping to go race it with the regular buggies at my local track.

Rebuilt front shocks with 55w oil and installed the 1.4 pistons with Tekno orange springs, no preload on collars (pic below)

Installed new lower front a-arms since the old ones were really beat up

Installed hot racing aluminum a-block

Worked on steering linkage, recentered servo horn and adjusted steering turnbuckles so no transmitter trim needed

Installed new center diff bearings with 8k diff oil . Experimenting with hot racing deiveline boots on center diff outdrives (pic below)

Noticed excessive wear on outside of front tires so I adjusted front and rear camber with new hobbystar measurement tool

Replaced stock 14T pinion with 16t Tekno pinion. Measured 160 motor temps after about 20 minutes. Will continue to monitor.

Replaced pinion side motor bearing since it sounded like birds were living in there. I tried to replace the inner bearing but could not get it out. It seems ok though.

Lowered ESC punch setting from stock to 2 in order to keep motor temps reasonable with larger pinion. Plus the higher punch caused tires to spin and loose grip. Smoother power delivery now more consistent with pull of throttle trigger.

Lastly, here is a test run on my home track. Sorry about the wind noise. It's almost always windy where I live.

Attachments

• IMG_20190616_094839.jpg
    IMG_20190616_094839.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20190615_163637.jpg
    IMG_20190615_163637.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 64
Wow! Would love to have a track like this in my back yard!!
It's still a work in progress since starting in February. Need more jumps! They are time consuming to build but a blast to race on.

wow......must be nice to have a few acres to spare. lolz
I drive an hour to work so I can have some acres. Took me a long time to get land. Now I'm making use of it! Once I'm done and happy with the track, I hope to put an invite out for nearby Arrma Forum members to come out for a race day! Already held a couple with friends and it's a blast.

Hi!
Nice track... Not too fast, not too slow. :)
I like the little camels jumps (middle course)... You could maybe add some 4 season carpet for landing...!!
PL

I'm still working on that middle jump section. I recently moved the first jump back about 10 feet, we were way over jumping the landing. I have to move a lot of dirt and build a second jump after the landing. I want it to be back to back big jumps. The video does not do the jump justice. It's about 30-40 feet from ramp to landing.

I thought about the carpet when we have track days. You would not believe the ruts and holes that are left in the track after lots of laps. These cars eat some dirt!

how are the deiveline boots ??? and where did you get them? you got a part numbeR? haha

Last edited:
how are the deiveline boots ??? and where did you get them? you got a part numbeR? haha

I don't know if they are going to hold up. This isn't their intended purpose. So far, I've run three packs and they are still installed. I think the one I put on the front differential blew to pieces on the second pack. Hit me up in a week and I'll let you know of they are still working.

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=SLD10R;c=1082

Nice big bass now you just need build a pond. You'll have plenty of dirt then????
Seriously!
Love the track but a little scared of the boulders lol
Wish I had room to do one here!
Your right about the rocks. They have caused some damage. Haha I've been working on putting dirt around them to form ramps that just flip the car instead of destroy it. I'd do pipe/tubing on the edges but I'm trying to keep it looking kind of "landscaped" instead of full out race track since it's in my front yard. If I ever hold a race day I'd consider putting the piping down for a weekend though!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back