What I learned today at the LHS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legal immigration is not a new concept. You cant fly into the States Illegally that way. For security and Health reasons.
Yet the border is OPEN????? And if we question it, we are racist???? What a slap in the face. Like we are all dummies. And I blame the press for that.
Can I quote POTUS? "Come on Man". His favorite line.
Well I say the same to him, Come on, Man! What gives here?
It has been said, this illegal immigration will bolster out economy. What a joke. Surely there is a better excuse than this. We can't even take care of our Homeless citizens and the poverty we have. Sure, just print more money to support all the impoverished Illegals?? and keep inflation growing. What dumb move.:LOL:
I can honestly say I was in a better financial position 2016-2019. We all were. How can anyone dispute this. Covid or no covid.
You and I think alike........I just don't want to upset anyone here on the forum should I break any rules since I'm kinda new. But I totally agree with what you say. I will state we are somewhat better off financially today compared to 2019......our IRA has grown (even with the huge Covid caused downturn) but who can do the math on how much more our groceries and gasoline are costing. Gas has almost doubled here in NC since December 2020 ......I have Shell oil bills to prove it.....$1.57/gal then versus $2.92/gal today. Fortunately we don't drive that much anymore. At least I was able to use some IRA gains to purchase a new truck and pay off quick under the previous administration.......don't know how long it will hold out with this new inept bunch in. Might as well spend some of it before Joe ruins things totally. We got our eyes on a walk-in shower renovation for next year. Hope we can do it....be a lot safer taking a shower for us old folks.
As far as immigration bolstering the economy....you're correct...a joke....I watched it for years when I still worked. My company employed lots of "foreigners" who were just "legal enough". Do you really think they paid any taxes? No. What did they do with a lot of their money? Sent it back home to bring in more of them...that's what. I know, they told me. Hope I don't get in trouble for this.
We are risking getting this shut down here folks. I’m not going to add to the discussion regarding quasi political issues as we have been asked before not to wander that way. Hope you all find your way and stay safe and happy. F!?@ politicians of all types. 🤘🏻
Yep, time to stop.....I've probably said too much......I apologize.....maybe I need to delete some of what I said
I share with the wife.....

Yeah, we built new in Asheville...... got tired of people building on top of each other..... we thought of moving, and when they built a 600 unit apt building 8 blocks from our home on a 2 lane street that will NEVER be able to be widened (in the mtns, remember) we decided to sell and move to the country. We put an outrageous price on the house, got it, and now we enjoy living in the country.....in peace and quiet.....the prices here are going up, but are nowhere near Asheville prices.....
Good for you......peace and quite are priceless in today's world
We are risking getting this shut down here folks. I’m not going to add to the discussion regarding quasi political issues as we have been asked before not to wander that way. Hope you all find your way and stay safe and happy. F!?@ politicians of all types. 🤘🏻
Yep, time to stop.....I've probably said too much......I apologize.....maybe I need to delete some of what I said
I share with the wife.....

Yeah, we built new in Asheville...... got tired of people building on top of each other..... we thought of moving, and when they built a 600 unit apt building 8 blocks from our home on a 2 lane street that will NEVER be able to be widened (in the mtns, remember) we decided to sell and move to the country. We put an outrageous price on the house, got it, and now we enjoy living in the country.....in peace and quiet.....the prices here are going up, but are nowhere near Asheville prices.....
Good for you......peace and quite are priceless in today's world

Honestly, this not a politcal issue any longer. It is well beyond this now.
It is a social issue for all Americans to bare.
Just who is driving the Bus?
I have no clue. Perhaps US enemies abroad??? Seems that way.
They need for the us to fail. And we are doing just that!:mad:
Anyones guess at this point.
Need to think outside the box and read between the lines more.

Understood..,......

I will cast my vote by going to a worthy hobby shop and maybe buying a K8S EXB.

When I do...,...I will post the pictures for the build thread ....it will be my first, so it will be simple......

but.....

before I forget.

Star Wars Cat GIF

Understood..,......

I will cast my vote by going to a worthy hobby shop and maybe buying a K8S EXB.

When I do...,...I will post the pictures for the build thread ....it will be my first, so it will be simple......

but.....

before I forget.

Star Wars Cat GIF

impressive darth vader GIF

Not fair to hijack this thread any more.
Sorry.:censored:

Well, I'm done....don't want to get in trouble with this forum because I enjoy and value it a lot. I can't figure out how to delete what I said so hopefully the admins will forgive my statements. I apologize if I lead us all down the wrong path or direction....my fault for running my mouth.

Well, I'm done....don't want to get in trouble with this forum because I enjoy and value it a lot. I can't figure out how to delete what I said so hopefully the admins will forgive my statements. I apologize if I lead us all down the wrong path or direction....my fault for running my mouth.

Hopefully they will understand....just food for thought for the future

Its nice to come on here and bs about RC's and such WITHOUT all the crap going on in other facets of life.....

Hopefully they will understand....just food for thought for the future

Its nice to come on here and bs about RC's and such WITHOUT all the crap going on in other facets of life.....
Yep, I just got off the phone with my oldest son. They just completed vax #2 of the Moderna on Monday. He said he had a very rough night with several flu like symptoms but his wife wasn't bothered at all. So, wonder what we'll go through in a few weeks......just have to be tough and deal with it. The worst part is not being able (possibly) to go fly fishing with my brother during the opening week of the special catch and release trout season here in NC. We always enjoy that. Maybe I'll get lucky and the side effects will bypass me but I'd rather it be me instead of watching my wife suffer with it. Hopefully we both dodge the bullet.
Anyways, I enjoyed talking with you gentlemen
I think we flirted with deletion but pulled back before damage was done. 👍🏻🤣
I've been deleted before on another forum concerning college baseball and Covid. I have a prior record I guess:D:D:D

So you are a nurse? If so, I'd like to personally thank you for your front line service during these difficult times. The medical profession has certainly proven it's HERO status now. Just please stay safe. Let me ask you this.......medically speaking....do you think it will ever be "all done" as you say? That's a huge fear of mine that it will be with us forever. My doctor thinks so and that we as a human race will eventually deal with it through better vaccines and hopefully the virus eventually mutating itself to a very mild state. Who knows?
The spring before, during the early onset of Covid, my son and I were trail biking through a local park. Halfway through, we stopped to hydrate and rest up(me mostly lol). We laid our bikes down and sat on the ground next to a taped off park bench. I watched my son stare longingly at the taped off playground just across from us and he turned and asked me the ONE question where never in my life have I ever wanted to be so wrong with my answer. He asked when I thought things would go back to normal. And I told him I was afraid this was our "new normal".
I'm far from a conspiracy nut. Yet it's my nature to question things. And many things that have happened since the outbreak in Wuhan make absolutely no logical sense.
Btw, this is the most constructive Covid debate with opposing opinions done the MOST civilly and with respect to opposing opinions that I've seen since....Well honestly, it's the only one that hasn't been dragged down into a poop-flinging insult festival.

Last edited:
Well, thanx..,.hard to tell myself I'm a hero when patients or their families chew us out....glad it's not very often....

But thank YOU

My thoughts are much like your Doctor's......

COVID is a virus, like influenza. ( flu).....so , it may be around for a good while

They pushed out vaccines on the quick, as more studies are done, more.effective treatments may very well become available.....

People may very well build up their own immunity after exposure as well....

That's my hope and my 2 pennies

Time will tell

No hobby shops.in New Orleans?!?!??!!!

You'd think major.cities would have at least one.....

Here's your chance to open your own business, @arrmadillo

My wife and I are going to go to South Padre Island for a month this winter in January. My brother lives in Houston. We were going to spend a few days in New Orleans to do some sightseeing, but I think we have scrapped those plans because of all the rain you guys have been getting. I know it's a few months away....are we jumping to conclusions or is it a mess there?
There's a small hobby shop in a neighboring city but doesn't have no where near the stock of your shop, mostly Traxxas parts. Another one further away across the Mississippi River bridge but too far for my liking, so I buy online.

Back in the day their were 4 or 5 in driving range. As far as New Orleans goes, it's been a mess since Ida, problems with garbage pickup, some people have not had their trash pickup up since the storm. People are frustrated, some marching to city hall to demonstrate. It's been raining a lot, probably 100+ inches already this year. A front just came through today so this week will be good as far as rain with lower temps. I cut grass alot. The city is ok to visit, but the trash pickup problem is a issue city wide until they get a handle on it, and there's ongoing problems with Entergy the power company. Ida really threw us a curve ball on top of all the Covid issues.

The grocery stores are always out of stock of everything, it's frustrating, not only Covid issues, but idiots stocking their freezers because of losing their food because of Ida. Things will get better in time though. I also live in Slidell which is 20 miles away, things are better there but the food thing is also ridiculous.

If you do visit in a couple months, I see no problems, the weather will be nice.

PM me if you want to discuss further. Politics on this Forum is frowned upon. I like that. Thats what makes this forum great.
There's a small hobby shop in a neighboring city but doesn't have no where near the stock of your shop, mostly Traxxas parts. Another one further away across the Mississippi River bridge but too far for my liking, so I buy online.

Back in the day their were 4 or 5 in driving range. As far as New Orleans goes, it's been a mess since Ida, problems with garbage pickup, some people have not had their trash pickup up since the storm. People are frustrated, some marching to city hall to demonstrate. It's been raining a lot, probably 100+ inches already this year. A front just came through today so this week will be good as far as rain with lower temps. I cut grass alot. The city is ok to visit, but the trash pickup problem is a issue city wide until they get a handle on it, and there's ongoing problems with Entergy the power company. Ida really threw us a curve ball on top of all the Covid issues.

The grocery stores are always out of stock of everything, it's frustrating, not only Covid issues, but idiots stocking their freezers because of losing their food because of Ida. Things will get better in time though. I also live in Slidell which is 20 miles away, things are better there but the food thing is also ridiculous.

If you do visit in a couple months, I see no problems, the weather will be nice.
Well, sorry to hear that.... people can get so weird when stuff happens....

Just take care down there and keep the RC's rockin!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back