What is a "40 series" wheel and where can I find them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Some old pro-line road rage tires fell into my lap. Looks like they are slightly wider and shorter than the current road rage tires sold by pro-line.

The tires state "40 series" on the side of them and the bead design seems a little different. I assume normal 3.8" wheels won't work.

Is that right? I'm not seeing many results when I google 40 series wheels.

IIRC they are 3.9 diameter. Proline had some beadlock rims back in the day ...2004..? 2006? Made them for tmaxx trucks but used a 23 mm hex. Not really sure if the would mount up on the smaller 3.8 rims. I have a set of proline moab tires from rock crawling days and they kinda sorta went on the rims but where loose if ya get the picture. Axial i think still makes a bead lock rim in 3.8 ...i think.... They might clamp on enough i don't know.
Pix for reference

0115171751a.jpg

IIRC they are 3.9 diameter. Proline had some beadlock rims back in the day ...2004..? 2006? Made them for tmaxx trucks but used a 23 mm hex. Not really sure if the would mount up on the smaller 3.8 rims. I have a set of proline moab tires from rock crawling days and they kinda sorta went on the rims but where loose if ya get the picture. Axial i think still makes a bead lock rim in 3.8 ...i think.... They might clamp on enough i don't know.
Pix for re
I have a set on my Losi LST2. 4 in inner diameter, 4 in wide. They were great tire's. Time period is correct.
I tried to find a couple set's of 40 series wheels cause i still have new paddle's to no avail. Oh well just have to oven trick the set i have. My LST just to dam Awesome to let those wheel's go!
20220511_001828.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. I think your talking about a Truggy wheel. Sometime called 4.0" or 3.8. They are about 140mm outer diameter and greater
Not a truggy wheel. These things are super wide. But yes the tires are about 140mm in diameter. Like a wide, low-profile, monster truck street tire.
Pix for reference

View attachment 216869
Thanks for the insight!

I have a set on my Losi LST2. 4 in inner diameter, 4 in wide. They were great tire's. Time period is correct.
I tried to find a couple set's of 40 series wheels cause i still have new paddle's to no avail. Oh well just have to oven trick the set i have. My LST just to dam Awesome to let those wheel's go!View attachment 216872
Ran them for a bit on my sabretooth.
And yes they are wide.

I cant make myself drop the coin on the axials to know how they compare to the proline ones (comanche and Cheyenne was the name of them ...modeled after 1:1 weld racing rims as the time)

Attachments

• 0602171658a.jpg
    0602171658a.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back