What is causing a cogging on the wheel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AizenSousuke

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 6s
One wheel started not moving at times\takes some force to move. I took out the diff and cleared the sand and it moves freely after that. Today the issue came back on the same right side rear wheel.

I also found some circular items on the shafts on both rear wheel:
b7683219-2da8-4fdc-aa9a-e1555140de21.jpg

Do they come from the bearings?

Yep, looks familiar. Bearing cover.
I use sealed bearings for all exposed bearings. Only for the bearings inside the diff housing and motor I use non sealed (less friction, and not exposed to sand).
Turn the wheels by hand from time to time, especially if you run a lot in sand or wet conditions. When you hear a crunchy sound it‘s time to replace them.

I use sealed bearings for all exposed bearings. Only for the bearings inside the diff housing and motor I use non sealed (less friction, and not exposed to sand).
Turn the wheels by hand from time to time, especially if you run a lot in sand or wet conditions. When you hear a crunchy sound it‘s time to replace them.
Sand. RC's most fun enemy.

Sand. RC's most fun enemy.
lucky i didn't run it by the beach haha
thanks! i did notice some weird sounds but I thought that was the pinion\spur
sealed is definitely what you want.
ok thanks!

^^^ This
+1

TRBRC has awesome Customer service.
No matter the brand, every so often you may get a missing BB or even get a bad one. It just happens. TRBRC is on point in this regard. Usually my go to brand.
But all 3 brands are great, as @Kla912000 stated above! (y) Even Avid is great.
Many go to Jims Bearings for their Motor BB's.
Choose your own poison.

Last edited:
^^^ This
+1

TRBRC has awesome Customer service.
No matter the brand, every so often you may get a missing BB or even get a bad one. It just happens. TRBRC is on point in this regard. Usually my go to brand.
But all 3 brands are great, as @Kla912000 stated above! (y) Even Avid is great.
Many go to Jims Bearings for their Motor BB's.
Choose your own poison.
👍 Agree 100%

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back