Kraton What is CH3 used for on the Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark_paul

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hi guys.

So I’m upgrading the receiver in my Kraton 4s And while swapping it out I noticed that it’s using 3 channels. The usual steering and throttle, but then an extra one coming from the motor.

What’s this for? I’m slightly bemused.

Hi guys.

So I’m upgrading the receiver in my Kraton 4s And while swapping it out I noticed that it’s using 3 channels. The usual steering and throttle, but then an extra one coming from the motor.

What’s this for? I’m slightly bemused.
Motor fan is powered by CH3

Ha! I did think it was the motor fan but was always under the impression the extra aux channels had to be controlled by the transmitter.

Is it just drawing power from the receiver?

It’s very noob, but things have moved on a huge amount since my Tamiya and HPI days ;)

Ha! I did think it was the motor fan but was always under the impression the extra aux channels had to be controlled by the transmitter.

Is it just drawing power from the receiver?

It’s very noob, but things have moved on a huge amount since my Tamiya and HPI days ;)
Yes it is only drawing power. There are only two wires for the fan, power and ground, and a third signal wire would be needed for something more. You can use the third channel for other things, like an additional servo or something. But you will still need to power the fan some other way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back