What is D5/D5safe pinion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi guys so I’ve seen some 27T arrma mod 1 pinions online but some have a “SafeD5” in the title. What is safeD5? And will it fit onto the Typhon V5?
cheers

EE84EABC-1649-402B-8887-41F6DD3946BF.jpeg

As a warning, these pinions don’t fit a lot of motors. I’ve tried them on many motors and the only ones I’ve got them to fit is the Spectrum 1250.

Right thanks for info… last one.. will that 27T mod 1 safeD5 fit onto the stock motor for the typhon v5? Spektrum Firma 4074 2050Kv Brushless Motor?
Cheers

CA94A9FD-19A7-488D-B0A6-81268BC5E46B.jpeg

The Tekno gears have conventional holes and a nice big M5 grub screw. I picked it because it was a few cents cheaper at the time, but it's nice to know it'll fit on any motor.

Stock motors will work just fine. All others motor shafts have a little 'lip' at the front that will prevent the safeD pinion to be installed. Motor shaft cod be dremeld into submission though.
Making the motor match the pinion rather than the other way around is a bad idea: motors are a lot more expensive than pinion gears.

I guess you have never seen a SafeD pinion which has a flange throughout. Good luck adjusting that, if you do that you might as well buy a standard pinion.

Back