What is everyone using on their tires to get them to grip the road better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
Recently purchased some Bandido ST tires to run on my granite. Out of the box they did not perform good at all they slid all over the place and acceleration was poor because they would just spin. I’ve been told to spray WD-40 on them which I tried and it helped a little, the best thing that I have found so far is automotive belt conditioner which gives it a tacky feel. However after about five minutes of use it seems to wear off. Has anyone out there found something that works really well?

the only thing that will truly work for on road is a softer compound rubber, same with off road, the only down fall is they wear out faster,

Recently purchased some Bandido ST tires to run on my granite. Out of the box they did not perform good at all they slid all over the place and acceleration was poor because they would just spin. I’ve been told to spray WD-40 on them which I tried and it helped a little, the best thing that I have found so far is automotive belt conditioner which gives it a tacky feel. However after about five minutes of use it seems to wear off. Has anyone out there found something that works really well?
Grip Boost 😜

I never really got into tire saucing but just did a search on youtube for "tire sauce for onroad" and got this video.

Yea tire saucing i have tried water if you clean them tires up real good warm water and soap youll get some more traction until they get dusty and dirty and i also tried wd40 witch I currently do it just makes the rubber on your wheels nice and plush & hydrated & also try to put your tires on opposite not directional treads i tried both these ways on some proline street fighters & ive seen alot more traction others will disagree but this is my opinion & experience

I just spit on mine 😂😂😂
1634089556110.png

I usually wipe my down road tires down with 100% Simple Green. Before and after my runs. Makes them clean of road oils and tacky.
But a good warm up gives them best grip. That's all thats needed.

Best tire compound is a trained finger, learn to handle the throttle ;)
Anything will wear off after 5 min unless you glue down the entire road.

prank floor GIF
I just pin it and hold on 😜

My Duratrax Robbers 1/8 buggy tires are still sticky and stick to the road like they were new, what’s the compound of your tires?

You could always glue Velcro to the wheels. :ROFLMAO:

Best tire compound is a trained finger, learn to handle the throttle ;)
Anything will wear off after 5 min unless you glue down the entire road.

prank floor GIF
My neighbor got a little sore with me after it took off her left shoe. I've refrained from doing it since.

I just pin it and hold on 😜
Try some Velcro wrapped around.:LOL:

Yeah, ultimately it's all about your THR. finger.(y)
Trigger heavy guys could drop the ESC Punch down to make it way more drivable. One option until you get some experience.

Try some Velcro wrapped around.:LOL:

Yeah, ultimately it's all about your THR. finger.(y)
Trigger heavy guys could drop the ESC Punch down to make it way more drivable. One option until you get some experience.
I’ve found that when you get your suspension, drivetrain, and traction dialed in, you can basically pin the throttle and it should go straight. I think most guys run way too much battery. A single good 4S should be plenty of power and much less weight.

A new setting I’m hoping to try soon is the trans brake feature on the NB4. Pin the throttle with the trans break button pushed and it won’t move. Let go of the button and you have instant 100% go. Need less? Use the CH Speed Go feature to take some timing out of the hit.

I’ve found that when you get your suspension, drivetrain, and traction dialed in, you can basically pin the throttle and it should go straight. I think most guys run way too much battery. A single good 4S should be plenty of power and much less weight.

A new setting I’m hoping to try soon is the trans brake feature on the NB4. Pin the throttle with the trans break button pushed and it won’t move. Let go of the button and you have instant 100% go. Need less? Use the CH Speed Go feature to take some timing out of the hit.
I've been doing the same thing with my Futaba via the conditions menu. PS2 button on the grip activates condition 2 as a toggle. Pin the throttle and when I let go it toggles back to condition 1 for instant 100% throttle. As you said, once you have suspension and traction dialed in, this kind of setup works a right treat.

I agree that 6s 1/8 rigs actually run best and optimum on 4s.
9000mah 6s lipos are just too heavy, just to garner a few minutes more run time.
:)

Nice..... Makes good sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back