Kraton WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH MY KRATON!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trains8989

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
My arrma kraton is having diff problems. late last year, when I brake from a high speed, the car makes an annoying grinding sound as it stops. after that I have replaced the following:
- front diff case
- sun/spur gear of the front
- front diff pinion
- centre diff case
- centre diff gear set (4 little gears and 2 bigger gears inside the centre diff case)

all of the things I have bought, replaced and tested, the noise did reduce but it was still there today when I drove it. I don't know what else it could be, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

I don't think it is the rear, the rear has stripped once but I have replaced it and nothing happened in that area.

the hex's are fine. I am actually getting new tyres.
its just i had that problem and my front wheel hex was rounded out clicking noise when braking

My diffs were always broken even with the bullet proof diff fix video. I even used the hardened drill blanks for pins and still broken.
Sold both Kratons bought two tekno vehicles.... problem solved.

Check your bearings in the diff were the driveshaft gors thru. If they go bad the whole alignment gets thrown off

Wow you must have been really hard on your kraton lol.
yeh with that bulletproofing method, you really bashed the hell out of it to break again, if the bulletproofing lasted at least 6 months then I would understand why due to wear and tear, but even still, you must have bashed hard.

Check your bearings in the diff were the driveshaft gors thru. If they go bad the whole alignment gets thrown off
yes, I have noticed that the casing on the left side of the front diff was moving and the casing was beginning to rust, so I will be getting new ones whenever I can and I will let you know if it fixes it.

Have you gone thru your center diff?

Vid with good sound could help.
I have already have replaced the six gears inside the centre diff and it was still happening, hopefully, the bearing is all it is.

Mine was from a crack in the gearbox. It would allow my diff to separate from the input gear. But you said you already replaced the front gear box. Good luck.

yes, i did because the screw holes inside the diff were cracked, allowing me to see the threads of the screws from the inside, I thought that would be the problem until I saw the rusted bearing.

If I was at a loss, at this point I would get a set of fast eddie bearings and replace every one on the car. For the less than $25 it costs at the very least you would know it was not a bearing someplace.

If I was at a loss, at this point I would get a set of fast eddie bearings and replace every one on the car. For the less than $25 it costs at the very least you would know it was not a bearing someplace.
Man, I hope he has it sorted by now. It's been 10 months!

yeh, well I haven't got the chance to replace them, and my local hobby store had a shortage of Arrma parts. but they said that they should get parts in soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back