Vendetta What is some good gearing recommendations for speed runs using a 2400 KV 4S motor on the Vendetta?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I was looking at possibly using a 34 tooth, spur gear and wanting recommendations on what pinion gear might be good to go with. I do have a gear calculator app on my phone, but it is super off in terms of achievable speeds.

How fast you looking to go?
If you're keeping the diffs in stock configuration with stock 85mm diameter tires, you can hit the low 80's with a 24t pinion on 4S
Is that with using the stock motor or the 2400 KV that I was referring to? I know a lot of people on YouTube and other forums continuously. Tell me they run the stock motor on for us and even talked to a few that have done it on 6S without any problems my original motor after running it out for us. I noticed it would cog so I put a new motor in and all is better. I asked those guys if there’s clogged after running more volts and they said it did not and thought maybe I had a faulty motor. any thoughts on that? Thanks for your reply.

Is that with using the stock motor or the 2400 KV that I was referring to? I know a lot of people on YouTube and other forums continuously. Tell me they run the stock motor on for us and even talked to a few that have done it on 6S without any problems my original motor after running it out for us. I noticed it would cog so I put a new motor in and all is better. I asked those guys if there’s clogged after running more volts and they said it did not and thought maybe I had a faulty motor. any thoughts on that? Thanks for your reply.
My advice for you my friend and this is so you save money and time. don't hate me but:

Try and figure it out for yourself sometimes people can give bad advice because they may not fully understand the issue. For instance it would help if instead you tried to research the causes of cogging. Then you could make your own assumptions and test theories.

2. When you use the calculator here: https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

keep in mind you will have to take some stats down depending on your own results. This will vary with each setup. So do some calculations, go test see what you get then next time account for whatever performance lost you experienced due to, battery drain weight of the car etc.

3. No two motors are the same as you prob know. But most motors have a RPM limit. Calculate KV X Volts and it will give you an idea whether or not you can run it on 6s or 8s etc. So 2400X25.2=60,480. Now keep in mind that because of the load to your rc you will very likely not reach that mark. Maybe more like high 40,000 rpms. But you're taking a chance always. What works for me may not work for you.

Hope this helps. Don't be afraid to dig in best of luck.

My calculation was based on you running the 2400kV motor on 4S.
I would not push the stock motor with 4S power. It can take it for a little while, but you will cook it. 6S will destroy the 3800kV motor real fast.
Cogging can be caused by several different things. Insufficient voltage is one of them. Bad gearing, wrong tire size, bad ESC, motor that is on the verge of failing, the list goes on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back