What is the best 3s motor you can get to go with BLX 100 ESC ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

senton driver

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I think I just blew my motor so now would be a good chance to upgrade from the stock one. But I have no idea about motors. does anyone know what is the best 3s motor I can get that is compatible with the BLX 100 ESC?

Thank you guys for your help!

@FanaticRC_YouTube_Channel

I think I just blew my motor so now would be a good chance to upgrade from the stock one. But I have no idea about motors. does anyone know what is the best 3s motor I can get that is compatible with the BLX 100 ESC?

Thank you guys for your help!

@FanaticRC_YouTube_Channel
I'm fairly new to the rc world but from what I've read here and researched myself is find the specs of your ESC and match it to your Motor. The motor will pull the amps it wants so stay with the ESC limits. Check the specs of the motor you find and measure the length of what can find in your car

I've had good luck on eBay. I'm assuming the BLX100 is a 100amp ESC. This motor is 98amp Max can size length is 74mm
2950kv. Wait for more experienced guys to chime in on motor options. What rc car are you working with?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3674-2950K...-/233612961352?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
For the most part even the cheap eBay motors work fairly well, I have a GoolRc blue can 3665 motor that I have been using since 2015.

I am going to assume he has a Senton going by his name.

I found the 3200kv is pretty awesome. Change the kv and you need to change the gearing.

My understanding is that the kv is rpm / volts. But your top speed is more a function of gear ratio and heat is a factor.

The larger the motor can the less heat also. The stock motor is 3660 : 36mm diameter and 60mm length so you don't want to be smaller than that.

A lower kv will have more torque(?) But lower top rpm so you will need a taller gear ratio or basically a larger pinion gear. A higher kv motor will have less torque but a higher rpm so you'll over heat unless you use a smaller pinion gear.

I would look for a same size motor so you can reuse the heat sink. That's a fancy bit of aluminum.

I bought a racer star 3200kv 3660 motor as a backup but have never used it yet. It was half the price of the arrma motor.

How fiddlesticked up is the motor? Is it just the bearings? Have you torn it down/checked it out?

I've run back to back packs throu blx100 in 95+ degree July day with 4074 2050kv 26t 3s in senton.only July setup that wouldn't overheat.4068 2650kv is my favorite.40mm can has lot more torque less rpm.

Screenshot_20201108-151143_Chrome.jpg

Back