What is the best kind of battery for the Nero?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mauiboy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am considering buying the Nero 6s with diff brain, and was wondering what sort of batteries would offer the best speed + charge and run and time. I am considering the Onyx 5400 Lipo 3cell batteries. Does anyone know what sort of run time that might offer?

I don't have a Nero but I can suggest you some very good and cheap Lipos! Go to rcjuice.com. After this lipos I would never buy expensive batts.

I bought a 5400mah 3s 45c for $38.99!! I just bought a 2nd one for my Losi and a 2s 5400 mah 30c for the Ganite my son is hetting for Christmas. Im just saying is very good quality. They always balance perfect. I know the question was about a good battery not a cheap one, but Im telling you about both! Good luck man!

Is 5200mah 45c!!! I miss type 200mah!!!

SPC Racing 7200 70c 11.1v 2 sets
SMC racing 7200 90c 11.1v 2 sets
Turnigy Graphene 4S 14.8v brick
Zippy 5000 6S 60c 22.2v Brick with a capital B
Onyx 5400 60c 11.1v 1 set /1 pregnant
Turnigy 6000 40c 11.1v 1 set - / low cell volume or sum sh*& can't charge

Got a sweet new charger for under $100

Attachments

• IMG_0339.JPG
    IMG_0339.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 88
I run the onyx 5400 50c. Good reliable battery but I'm waiting on my maxamps 6500 dual-core 150c lipos. They are the strongest batteries you can get and they are not cheap. $249 for both and that is actually a great price compared to the usual maxamp pricing. I'll post some pictures when I receive the lipos.

Anyone have any confirmation that the SMC 3s 7200 mah lipos fit in the nero? Specs say they're 1mm larger than nero max

Anyone have any confirmation that the SMC 3s 7200 mah lipos fit in the nero? Specs say they're 1mm larger than nero max

Yes. They do fit. I have two sets of them and it is really tight. You have to push them all the way in to get the door to close. You will have a slight bulge in the side once they are in. I would also recommend taping up the leads from the batteries to avoid damaging them.

Running SMC 3s 7200mah packs, They are TOO TIGHT imo with the hard case, You will end up damaging the wires cramming them in and prying them out every time.

Remove the hard case and they fit perfect. I just shrink wrapped them.

ALSO not to bash, but I requested SMC add on XT90 connectors, they came reverse polarity. so double check that or else POOF!

Running SMC 3s 7200mah packs, They are TOO TIGHT imo with the hard case, You will end up damaging the wires cramming them in and prying them out every time.

Remove the hard case and they fit perfect. I just shrink wrapped them.

ALSO not to bash, but I requested SMC add on XT90 connectors, they came reverse polarity. so double check that or else POOF!
I've got a set of the 7200's from SMC...haven't run them yet..had them three weeks..what should I look for,?

SMC 7200mah 90c. $59.95
Would be looking at $72 shipped (67.45 if buying 2..assume so)

Hobbystar can be had for $81 with their 10% coupon. Get 800 more mah and will fit correctly, not having to worry about harming the battery's wires.

Think either battery would be a good choice but I'm leaning towards Hobbystar.

Thank you everybody! I think I will get the SMC pack. Do you have any charger recommendations?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back