Kraton What is the best pinion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HunterT

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
v3 kraton with backflip tires what pinion size is everyone running without overheating?

14t= is a good ballance. Although the option pinion gear i got with the v3 is a 15t? I would always prefer more speed and let her cool down. Cheetah over baboon!

From different threads on here I have heard multiple people say that 13t is the sweet spot.

I run a 14t, but it does get pretty warm.

I don't know why but I have a spare 15t now. 13t is plenty fast on 6S but hey it was on sale!

Last edited:
I guess with stock tyres each tooth you add to the pinion equates to about 5mph on top speed and obviously reduced torque and increases overheating risks. So depending on how you use the car 13t would be fun with a top speed of around 55mph and still loads of pull from stand still and torque on gnarly terrain

13t at 6s you'll be fine. With decent bearings and correct mesh it wont overheat. Mine is stock motor and esc. Never needed a temp gun. Lol!

Last edited:
Today I noticed some temp stickers you can put on a motor, for example.
20 euros for three strips but nevertheless pretty cool.

It’s been a while since I’ve messed with my pinions. I have a V2. What pinion and spur comes stock? I run proline super swampers so they are little bigger and heavier. I have my punch set on 9. Think I’m going to lock the center diff. It’s a wheelie monster now with the punch on 9 but I love it! Totally different beast. Would like to add a little more on the top end. What do you guys recommend?

Always use blue loctite as well. Never strip a gear. But! I did do this today! Lol!
20171212_162122.jpg

I'm running a 15T Tekno pinion with stock 2050KV motor with Proline Trencher X tires and all is good--currently 50 degrees where I live though...soon I will install a Hobbywing Heatsink and fan combo, though temps have only been around 110-120. I plan to go up to a 16T pinion eventually:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back