Felony What is the best steering servo replacement for faster steering response?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYFelony

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
Hi guys I want to finally change out the steering servo as the steering response is just too slow when I am doing anything high speed which actually caused me to crash yesterday since the steering was kinda dead.

i want something as a direct drop in without modifying anything else if possible so for anyone who has done this and seen a significant improvement can you please post up the part# and where you got it from.

Thanks

Hi guys I want to finally change out the steering servo as the steering response is just too slow when I am doing anything high speed which actually caused me to crash yesterday since the steering was kinda dead.

i want something as a direct drop in without modifying anything else if possible so for anyone who has done this and seen a significant improvement can you please post up the part# and where you got it from.

Thanks
Which rig specifically??
I see you own a Fel??? Will assume so.
Any Standard size servo will fit.
IF you are running the stocker servo, that is your main issue altogether. They are not the fastest around. Try raising your BEC volts and you will gain more speed and torque out of it. Try that first if you have not already.
But honestly, if the servo is still a functioning one, Driver error probably got the best of your Fel. Is what it is. Felony can be a bear to drive with those fat wide wide rear 53/107 Hoons.(n) Common knowledge. Again if you are referring to your Felony. There is no substute for practice at the wheel.
And don't expect to do a 90 degree left turn on a dime at 50+ mph.
Can't blame the servo. They either work or they don't. No inbetweens most of the time.
Also make sure your Servo Saver is operating well enough. If it is not, it won't matter what servo you put in there.
Assuming you adjusted the Radio Endpoints correctly. Out the box, this setting is usually all whacked out.
I would recommend a 35kg servo at minimum, if you want more torque needed at higher speeds. Servo speed will always be reduced if there is not enough torque when the servo is under load.
My spin.
:cool:

Last edited:
I use the ds3218pro 20kg at 6v but can take 7.4v Fast as hell. I started to switch to my local brand wag 25kg who has the same speed but 5kg more pulling power at 6v
Which rig specifically??
I see you own a Fel??? Will assume so.
Any Standard size servo will fit.
IF you are running the stocker servo, that is your main issue altogether. They are not the fastest around. Try raising your BEC volts and you will gain more speed and torque out of it. Try that first if you have not already.
But honestly, if the servo is still a functioning one, Driver error probably got the best of your Fel. Is what it is. Felony can be a bear to drive with those fat wide wide rear 53/107 Hoons.(n) Common knowledge. Again if you are referring to your Felony. There is no substute for practice at the wheel.
And don't expect to do a 90 degree left turn on a dime at 50+ mph.
Can't blame the servo. They either work or they don't. No inbetweens most of the time.
Also make sure your Servo Saver is operating well enough. If it is not, it won't matter what servo you put in there.
Assuming you adjusted the Radio Endpoints correctly. Out the box, this setting is usually all whacked out.
I would recommend a 35kg servo at minimum, if you want more torque needed at higher speeds. Servo speed will always be reduced if there is not enough torque when the servo is under load.
My spin.
:cool:
I did tame mine idk if its the diff fluid or because i widen the rear by almost a inch
Running 45k/200k/10k. Its an arrow in straight lines it just wants to go straight so i went up by 100k in the center. My fronts were going out faster than the rear.

First I got an exb spring, that helped a lot with needing to turn at speed. Then I installed a Power hobby 579MG, very fast and nice quality.

INSTAlled new servo today i got a nice billet servo off amazon 45kg and solves that problem the servo i got was recommended in this thread cost $54

Running a 633MCW from PowerHobby and I'm impressed so far. Normally, I run a HS-7955TG in most my rigs (yes even my Savage XS lol).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back