What is the highest c rating to can run in a brushed motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikemcl48

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
What is the highest c rating to can run in a brushed motor with a lipo 2s? I run a 5000mah 25c. Can i run a 50c or will it burn the motor up? Will it give it more punch or does it matter?

C rating is just how much current the pack can supply. You probably won't notice much difference with brushed running a 25C vs 50C. I know the 1/8th arrma's recommend at least 30C, so you may be better off buying higher than 25C just in case you end up with a brushless truck later on.

Ok, thanks, 2 different Hobby Town RC guys said 50c would burn up a brushed motor quickly.

Sweet, i have the same motor. Did you ever run it on 25 or 30 c? Just wondering if 50c will give it more pep.

Sweet, i have the same motor. Did you ever run it on 25 or 30 c? Just wondering if 50c will give it more pep.

Just ran it with traxxas 2s 25C sustained 50C Burst cells was a huge improvement over Nimh that I started with. Unless the motor demands 50C worth of power your not gonna see a difference.

If you can get away with 25C and don't anticipate going brushless or getting 1/8th scale, then it will likely be cheaper. Higher C packs cost a bit more. I don't know if they are matched better or chemically better or just built better to get the higher C. But I do know for a fact that using less than what is required is bad. I have a puffed traxxas 25C 5000mah 3S pack that I ran once in my outcast with a second one. One is still ok, but one puffed about 7 minutes in. They were both nearly new with only a couple cycles from my eJato with the vxl-3s/3500 traxxas brushless system on them.

I usually run 4S in my outcast, but since I had them with me and I broke my eJato, I figured I'd give them a shot. It was a crazy 7 minutes. lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back