What is the lightest 2.8 monster truck tire?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
17mm pre-mounted if possible. I saw the sticky thread but there were only a few 2.8 MT tires listed.

There are so many tires out there. And weight is rarely a published spec. Calling the Mfr. is a possibility? Some may not even know. These are for expensive Toys. RC Tires and wheels are a money maker. So competition is big. And many brands could care less how much they weigh. Discerning RC hobbyists don't like heavy wheels/tires. So wheel weight specs are not something that they would care to supply.
Maybe I am being cynical, but I think it's just logical to assume that. Because they never do.
Scale car tires do have a weight spec by comparison. Food for thought.
Try to find reviews on the tires you want. It's a start.

Edit: I will say that Belted tires are very heavy in general ( as much as 50% more) compared to non belted and many drive like crap for that reason and stress the drive train for sure.
Rotating weight can go against you. Weighing the stock wheels you have makes for a good baseline for comparison. Again it's all subjective and many don't consider weight. I just have so many tires here and see weight as one factor.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back