What is the most reasonable priced esc and motors!!!

Currently reading:
What is the most reasonable priced esc and motors!!!

Bigjimf

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello I am new the forum, I have several rollers that I need to put esc and motors into , the list reads ,typhon, dex8t,kraton typhon hybrid your help is greatly appreciated.

NITROMAN2000

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hands down the best bang for the buck is ARRMA BLX185 (black) w/ 2050 4-pole motor combo on ebay. The ESC is not super adjustable but it works well is durable and can hold up. The ESC is a hobbywing quikrun, but the software is locked so you only can adjust a few parameters, punch and brakes I think are about it. ESC can be found for 60-
$70 and the motor for $45-55. If you have an extra powerfully setup I would get the NERO blx200 esc, mine takes 6S and stays cool. Those run 20-30 more than the BLX185 combos.

The next step is sidewinder 1/8 combo this is in the $150 range at tower with a discount code. The issue I have found with the sidewinder the motor is not setup for 4mm screws like what we use on ARRMA, it only has 3mm screws holes. The motor is 2200kv so it's a little on the tall side for 6S but will run 4S all day long.

Hands down the best bang for the buck is ARRMA BLX185 (black) w/ 2050 4-pole motor combo on ebay. The ESC is not super adjustable but it works well is durable and can hold up. The ESC is a hobbywing quikrun, but the software is locked so you only can adjust a few parameters, punch and brakes I think are about it. ESC can be found for 60-
$70 and the motor for $45-55. If you have an extra powerfully setup I would get the NERO blx200 esc, mine takes 6S and stays cool. Those run 20-30 more than the BLX185 combos.

The next step is sidewinder 1/8 combo this is in the $150 range at tower with a discount code. The issue I have found with the sidewinder the motor is not setup for 4mm screws like what we use on ARRMA, it only has 3mm screws holes. The motor is 2200kv so it's a little on the tall side for 6S but will run 4S all day long.
20170108_161751.jpg
The ARRMA motor is setup for 3mm or 4mm screws. On these cars that get a beating I feel those 4mm screws are the reason the motors don't move much ;)
I guess you can use 3mm screws with washers but it will not be as strong.