Granite What is this connector for ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spook

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
It looks like it’s a plug to the fan on the ESC. but it isn’t connected anywhere.... should it be connected somewhere, and if so, where ?
6EF25A6E-774E-499D-AA9A-B86B82AEB244.jpeg

plug it in to the prongs

Attachments

• 19159591-1433-4984-9023-B16E1C08290E.jpeg
    19159591-1433-4984-9023-B16E1C08290E.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 63
Yes it should be connected on to the 3 prongs under neath the fan on the ESC(electronic speed controller) plug it in and turn the car on and if the fan moves and starts making lots of noise then turn the car off and and plug it in the either way and it should be ok! The fan should suck air in not push air out of the top of it.

Damn, I had never even noticed the pins, and I’ve been using it like that :( I actually thought it was to do with binding with the tool until I just noticed the fan under it..... grrr
I can’t believe I hadn’t noticed the pins before! So obvious now.... concerned I may have damaged something now though...... which way Round is it normally installed ?

Last edited:
Damn, I had never even noticed the pins, and I’ve been using it like that :( I actually thought it was to do with binding with the tool until I just noticed the fan under it..... grrr
I can’t believe I hadn’t noticed the pins before! So obvious now.... concerned I may have damaged something now though...... which way Round is it normally installed ?
Just plug it in and if it is the wrong way round the fan will spin the wrong way which won’t damage anything so just swap it around and make sure the air gets blown downwards on to the speed controller

A three position plug won’t do anything plugged in the wrong way. If you look on the label on the side of the ESC it tells you which pins are + or -

The ESC has a thermal cutoff feature. If it was getting too hot, it should've gone into this safety mode to prevent any damage. I don't think you have to worry about any damage being done from this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back