What is this dark line going down my print?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
6DBDACC0-2DF7-4514-8A99-F33A3629DD26.jpeg

It kinda looks like over extrusion, this is a TPU print if that helps. It could also be moisture, but I’m not sure.

Looks like your filament got stuck/bound up off the spool -around that moment- in printing and caused your printer to skip/shift..

It happens to me at times, especially when I swop out filaments quite a bit and those filaments gets unwound off the spool and you're trying to wrap them back on.. they just get tangled up the wrong way some times.

Last edited:
I've actually seen my printer's extruder pull/lift the entire spool up off its holder because the filaments was bound up, luckily I was "listening" to the printing from downstairs and heard something was not right and rushed up to stop the print and fix the issue. But, the "damage" to the print quality had already occurred..

Yeah, it's happened more than once...

View attachment 187673
It kinda looks like over extrusion, this is a TPU print if that helps. It could also be moisture, but I’m not sure.
I'm not an expert by any means. Looks like layer shift. Possibly loose belt? Also, print speed can cuase these issues. Make sure you're not printing too fast.

I'm not an expert by any means. Looks like layer shift. Possibly loose belt? Also, print speed can cuase these issues. Make sure you're not printing too fast.
I’m printing at 15mm/s… It might’ve been from the spool getting bound up like Tex Koder said.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back