What is wrong with people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about using some other site like a few suggested, but seriously lost faith in people!!!

Well I updated my post... Hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I had a couple more idiots contact me and I'm fed up! LOL Enjoy!
WoodiE, If you feel this is inappropriate, please feel free to delete it.
https://reading.craigslist.org/tag/6070122260.html
I love it! I was gonna send a mail offering $350 for the time and location, but my better judgement stepped in just in time.
Now that I think about it, I did get a couple of emails from low ballers when I sold the Benz, one guy offfered about 20% of asking, claiming that no one wanted to buy a diesel anymore and I wouldn't get a better offer. The kid who bought it couldn't believe what an amazing deal he got and kept asking what was wrong with it. It just goes to show, these sites are kinda like rush hour traffic: you have to deal with all the ID10Ts until you find the guy or gal who politely lets you merge.

Haggling may sound dirty, but if your dealing with buying and selling from individuals, your wise to do so. People rarely see the exact same value in the same item for there own personal reasons. I would never stop someone from buying something from me, or anyone at a price they thought was fair. Fair for whatever reason thats important to that person.

I understand the original posters point, but some of the echoing whining is becoming deafening.

If your buying, offer 20% less than sticker
If your selling, tack on 20% to your bottom line.

This practice has never been considered an oddity, rude, or unethical.

Haggling is ok. A difference of opinion in price + / - 20% is definitely normal...... maybe even a little more.
I think these guys are talking about the people who are offering waaaaay less than that, on something obviously worth more.

Haggling may sound dirty, but if your dealing with buying and selling from individuals, your wise to do so. People rarely see the exact same value in the same item for there own personal reasons. I would never stop someone from buying something from me, or anyone at a price they thought was fair. Fair for whatever reason thats important to that person.

I understand the original posters point, but some of the echoing whining is becoming deafening.

If your buying, offer 20% less than sticker
If your selling, tack on 20% to your bottom line.

This practice has never been considered an oddity, rude, or unethical.
No objections to haggling, I've done it myself. I think the point is, don't be insulting; even a lowball can be lobbed respectfully. There is a big difference between "My budget only allows me to offer $20" and "Your poop is only worth 20 bucks".

If someone clearly has no intension of making a reasonable offer, then why even make an offer at all. It's like wanting a corvette but only have enough for a Hyundai.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back