What is wrong with people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Z15SS

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Raider
Just had to post my Rant! I posted some r/c planes and engines for sale on my local craigslist and put a price of $125 just so I could finish the posting. Well right away I got an e-mail. Now at this point I hadn't uploaded any pictures yet and the guy sounded like he was really interested! Told him I would upload pics soon, (had to take the pictures first!) because I had other commitments at the time. Anyway I finally uploaded them to my post and within minutes, I got an e-mail back from the same guy asking me if the price was for the lot, or individual items? WHAT!!!??? Are you SERIOUS??? There are 5 N.I.B. arf's, 2 are warbirds, and I have several N.I.B. 2 and 4 stroke engines and a dozen other used 2 and 4 stroke engines. Literally $1500-$2000 or more worth of stuff!
Now all is silent. No more e-mail from him...Nothing! What a Joke. Some people are out of their minds.. I would rather drop the stuff out of my truck on a busy highway and watch the people scramble for it than sell it for that price! Way more fun also..LOL
Losing faith in humanity!!!

At least he didn't try to lowball you! ;)

I have had no luck with selling on Craigslist lately. Really nice stuff at fair prices and no replys at all. Not even from the crazies. I used to kill it on there. Is there some new way to sell stuff locally that I am not hip to???

I have had no luck with selling on Craigslist lately. Really nice stuff at fair prices and no replys at all. Not even from the crazies. I used to kill it on there. Is there some new way to sell stuff locally that I am not hip to???
I just thought since there are a lot of clubs around that someone might be interested. I missed a local R/C Swap Meet over the weekend so I posted on CL. Spring is a good time for this stuff but apparently everyone wants it for nothing?

That was a joke my friend! I feel your pain, my experience is that no matter how reasonable your price is there will be some toolbox trying to cut it in half. Maybe the people listing things for twice what they should be are to blame?

That was a joke my friend! I feel your pain, my experience is that no matter how reasonable your price is there will be some toolbox trying to cut it in half. Maybe the people listing things for twice what they should be are to blame?
I know you were joking. Just pisses me off when people try to insult my intelligence...

Same here with the dutch version called "marktplaats".
Wanted to sell my Traxxas Rally 4x4, full of aluminium hopups, loads of extra wheels/tyres/spares.
And RTR with 3 2s and 2 3s lipo's, tx/rx/etc.

Worth well over 1000€ when new, asking price was only €350 and it was in perfect condition.
The first mail I get "For €20 I come and pick it up tonight".
Getting sick of people like that, I never even try to sell stuff online anymore...

Or people wanting to buy stuff from me for €10 including shipping which for a package is €7...

Same here with the dutch version called "marktplaats".
Wanted to sell my Traxxas Rally 4x4, full of aluminium hopups, loads of extra wheels/tyres/spares.
And RTR with 3 2s and 2 3s lipo's, tx/rx/etc.

Worth well over 1000€ when new, asking price was only €350 and it was in perfect condition.
The first mail I get "For €20 I come and pick it up tonight".
Getting sick of people like that, I never even try to sell stuff online anymore...

Or people wanting to buy stuff from me for €10 including shipping which for a package is €7...
WOW! Makes you MAD, Right?

WOW! Makes you MAD, Right?
Most of the times I ignore them, but sometimes the mails are so crazy I can't help but send some crazy sarcastic answer :D

Guy's you should arrange to meet them and no turn up lol.. yonzariq I know if I thought I was gonna get all that rc for 20 I'd probably wait for hours waiting for you to show up

Evil indeed :p

Who wouldn't hahahaha
But placing a bid of 20 on something worth well over 1k with an asking price of 350...
Can't decide if that makes you ignorant, or dumb....

We have pretty good luck both buying and selling on CL. As a matter of fact I re-entered the RC world after buying a DHK Wolf on CL. I got a good fair deal and the guy showed me about the car. He had a shelving unit with about 10 other cars on it, and now that I know more, I realize there was roughly 10k up on that shelf.

You just have to know you are dealing with a "yard sale" kind of mentality. Everything is up for negotiation and some people are looking to score the best deal ever, or they don't want to play. I have bought, traded, sold, everything from $5 bags of kids clothes to $500 fishing rods, and $1000 Surfboards. Actually I have a ton of stuff, that I got for free. This happens to be a little niche we have here in South Orange County, CA. This place is full of people who have nice stuff, and then have to upgrade because their family is coming to town or because their neighbor just got something new, etc. They post stuff for free, just to get it out of the house or garage. You would not believe me if I showed you my house, which is petty well decorated, and nice, for having 7 people in it. 90% of our furniture was free, and the 10 ft long section couch with the chaise lounge end and the matching love seat was only $250. The lady who sold that to us lived in a 4,000 sq ft house, alone. This was the couch in her den, which never got used. She said she'd had it for 10 years and paid over 2k for it. Looked brand new.

On the other hand I feel your pain. I have changed plans only to have the guy never show up, or decide not to buy it once they got there. But for free place to post items for sale, or score a skanky hook up (gross), Craigslist is pretty awesome.

What I find odd is the fact that there aren't a lot of a adds for r/c planes here in my area. Not even a lot of adds for cars???
Shanky Hook-up...HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just had to post my Rant! I posted some r/c planes and engines for sale on my local craigslist and put a price of $125 just so I could finish the posting. Well right away I got an e-mail. Now at this point I hadn't uploaded any pictures yet and the guy sounded like he was really interested! Told him I would upload pics soon, (had to take the pictures first!) because I had other commitments at the time. Anyway I finally uploaded them to my post and within minutes, I got an e-mail back from the same guy asking me if the price was for the lot, or individual items? WHAT!!!??? Are you SERIOUS??? There are 5 N.I.B. arf's, 2 are warbirds, and I have several N.I.B. 2 and 4 stroke engines and a dozen other used 2 and 4 stroke engines. Literally $1500-$2000 or more worth of stuff!
Now all is silent. No more e-mail from him...Nothing! What a Joke. Some people are out of their minds.. I would rather drop the stuff out of my truck on a busy highway and watch the people scramble for it than sell it for that price! Way more fun also..LOL
Losing faith in humanity!!!
I find there is very little intelligence left out there when it comes to people. Ive also found that common courtesy is a thing of the past. Its truly sad people act the way they do. My wife complains that im crabby half the time but thats typically because i just got done fighting through the tards on the freeway. As for your craigslist post that guy was clearly wanting to take advantage of someone and get something of value for nothing. I sold a whole array of stuff last year on craigslist to buy my axial yeti 1/10 and the people that text you blow your mind. One key factor i noticed is that EVERYONE is a jewbag and tries to undercut your price. I just make sure if i want $100 for something that i ask $120 expecting the lowball and get what im after in the end and they think they jewed the guy down. Just my 2 cents :)

Last edited:
I find there is very little intelligence left out there when it comes to people. Ive also found that common courtesy is a thing of the past. Its truly sad people act the way they do. My wife complains that im crabby half the time but thats typically because i just got done fighting through the tards on freeway. As for your craigslist post that guy was clearly wanting to take advantage of someone and get something of value for nothing. I sold a whole array of stuff last year on craigslist to buy my axial yeti 1/10 and the people that text you blow your mind. One key factor i noticed is that EVERYONE is a jewbag and tries to undercut your price. I just make sure if i want $100 for something that i ask $120 expecting the lowball and get what im after in the end and they think they jewed the guy down. Just my 2 cents :)
Jewbag/jewed I like it "I like it a lot"

Kijiji worked for me, I sold my wife's '84 300SD and bought a bunch of Granite and Fury parts.

You can try using "offer up" or "let go" they are apps that are so much more reliable than Craigslist.

I find there is very little intelligence left out there when it comes to people. Ive also found that common courtesy is a thing of the past. Its truly sad people act the way they do. My wife complains that im crabby half the time but thats typically because i just got done fighting through the tards on the freeway. As for your craigslist post that guy was clearly wanting to take advantage of someone and get something of value for nothing. I sold a whole array of stuff last year on craigslist to buy my axial yeti 1/10 and the people that text you blow your mind. One key factor i noticed is that EVERYONE is a jewbag and tries to undercut your price. I just make sure if i want $100 for something that i ask $120 expecting the lowball and get what im after in the end and they think they jewed the guy down. Just my 2 cents :)
I've noticed that someone will always try to undercut your prices. If you ask $120 and will accept $100 it will most likely sell pretty quick because everybody thinks they are getting a "deal" while if you ask $100 and will only accept $100 everybody thinks they are getting ripped off so it won't sell that quick. I'm like you where if I want $200 I ask for $250 since everybody always offers less than what you ask.

I thought about using some other site like a few suggested, but seriously lost faith in people!!!

Well I updated my post... Hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I had a couple more idiots contact me and I'm fed up! LOL Enjoy!
WoodiE, If you feel this is inappropriate, please feel free to delete it.
https://reading.craigslist.org/tag/6070122260.html

I thought about using some other site like a few suggested, but seriously lost faith in people!!!

Well I updated my post... Hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I had a couple more idiots contact me and I'm fed up! LOL Enjoy!
WoodiE, If you feel this is inappropriate, please feel free to delete it.
https://reading.craigslist.org/tag/6070122260.html

Awesome job!!! I myself am finding it harder and harder to deal with people as I get older. Common courtesy and common sense are definitely not so common any more!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back