What is your ‘go to’ rc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Not necessarily your favorite car or the one you put the most into… I mean the one you grab when you get a chance to go out for a quick bash. The car that you know you can run just about anywhere for any amount of time and enjoy.

Mine has rapidly become my vorteks hybrid. It started life as a Vorteks and I didn’t really like it. So I added a granite front shock tower, typhon arms, granite tires, mojave 6s front shocks all around, hot racing diff yokes and a granite blx esc. Next will be a new shell. I’m done with the pink…stuff 🤮

My fav used to be my granite and it still is my favorite all around RC car…but that has been set up more for jumping and skateparks now. There’s just something about the vorteks hybrid that’s special. It rips, rarely turtles, carves through turns and is a blast to drive in pretty much any terrain. It’s also proven to be extremely durable.

So what is your favorite ‘go to’ car?

1318A151-B2B0-4B14-998F-D027A27FBF62.jpeg

EFE16B27-B26A-41CF-BDE5-E67A9B69427B.jpeg

7C42BC82-F9BE-48AE-989F-210E3D3AAF79.jpeg

Semi-seriously: My favorite is my next one (if there is a next one)

My M2C'd Kraton tank is my favorite for sending it hard on big jumps.
My Vorteks is my favorite on the right terrain, like drifting and roosting gravel like crazy.
My son's Granite is my least favorite. It's nice, but it feels a bit too light and bouncy.

With these 3, I can quite confidently say that my favorite would probably be a truggyfied Typhon 6S. Smaller and lighter than the Kraton, center diff, etc. It would probably be my favorite Arrma.

I’m gonna get banned for this….. XMaxx. It’s the only thing I have besides my crawler or planes that I can make a pack without breaking something.

Gotta be our Frankenstein basically a big rock with a typhon wing. Very reliable and capable on all surfaces. 3670 2850kv great run time and takes a beating. The typhon is the test bed and is constantly in some phase of upgrade or repair, the Talion seems like more of a commitment to run. Kyosho fazer too delicate and the WL is an uncontrollable glass rocket ship

I’m gonna get banned for this….. XMaxx. It’s the only thing I have besides my crawler or planes that I can make a pack without breaking something.

Hell I, for one, don’t care which brand. your favorite go to car is the one that’s your favorite lol. That’s all good by me!
Gotta be our Frankenstein basically a big rock with a typhon wing. Very reliable and capable on all surfaces. 3670 2850kv great run time and takes a beating. The typhon is the test bed and is constantly in some phase of upgrade or repair, the Talion seems like more of a commitment to run. Kyosho fazer too delicate and the WL is an uncontrollable glass rocket ship

I believe I’ve read about your Frankenstein car and think that’s great 😃 That is one of the very cool Things I found about the 3S line. You can make whatever you want out of them 🙃

Eithery Vorteks or my little Sg 1603. The Vorteks works everywhere and the 1603 is small enough to hoon around the driveway.
Not necessarily your favorite car or the one you put the most into… I mean the one you grab when you get a chance to go out for a quick bash. The car that you know you can run just about anywhere for any amount of time and enjoy.

Mine has rapidly become my vorteks hybrid. It started life as a Vorteks and I didn’t really like it. So I added a granite front shock tower, typhon arms, granite tires, mojave 6s front shocks all around, hot racing diff yokes and a granite blx esc. Next will be a new shell. I’m done with the pink…stuff 🤮

My fav used to be my granite and it still is my favorite all around RC car…but that has been set up more for jumping and skateparks now. There’s just something about the vorteks hybrid that’s special. It rips, rarely turtles, carves through turns and is a blast to drive in pretty much any terrain. It’s also proven to be extremely durable.

So what is your favorite ‘go to’ car?

View attachment 186418

View attachment 186419

View attachment 186420
I've been curious, what does changing the front tower accomplish?

Eithery Vorteks or my little Sg 1603. The Vorteks works everywhere and the 1603 is small enough to hoon around the driveway.

I've been curious, what does changing the front tower accomplish?

Being able to mount mojave front 6s shocks. Which changed the cars handling for the better all around. I’d already fitted the same shocks to the back and wanted better shocks/more travel up front. I had a spare granite front tower so tried it and love it! Then I put on typhon arms and granite tires and wow! Next I got rid of the crap stock esc and can now run a full battery pack instead of tapping out when a cell dipped below 3.8. I threw on the hot racing diff yokes last week because I’m driving it near daily now. I absolutely love the car now!

The Big Rock is usually the one I go for 1st…it has taken a beating while learning to get some good air & backflips down pretty good….it’s got Hot Racing 17mm wheel adapters with duratrax lockup’s Mt, outcast roll bar & wing & can’t forget the bull horns on the front 🤘🏻🤘🏻
49747BAE-9585-4B36-9F82-249462C20503.jpeg
D4C2B2CA-83E6-4E05-AAF4-1F8DECBB2304.jpeg

F5B44A1E-2881-453D-AB81-DA168579E612.jpeg

95AED4DC-6A43-4E30-892A-81F74CF90F53.jpeg

My Typhon 3s as it’s the only working RC I have. My Kyosho Raider needs parts to be restored and will not be bashed, but it also won’t be a shelf queen. My Slash 2wd is sitting as a slider with no electronics except for the servo and tx/rx.
8D3C204E-1BB0-4DD6-82AE-7C73FE2CB6DC.jpeg

I might have to say my truggified v2 typhon..... Nothing will break, stuff literally just wears out... Has a blx200 w/hobbystar 4082/1600kv, savox 1230sg and mx28 badlands.. 4s is a handful but 6s is terror!!!... Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back