What is your ‘go to’ rc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As most of you know I really enjoy speed, but some times want to run the RC car up and down the street or across the park.
I have not gotten much into big air but looking to explore that in 2022.

I have owned many RC cars from the big 8s X-Maxx down to the 1/14 Losi Mini 8ight.

BY FAR THE BEST IS THE Kraton 6s. Perfect balance of speed, handling, power, size, and durability.

When your hobby turns into a job type thing huh… Well, you sure look like you’re having a blast on send it Sundays 🙃

Haha, well it’s weird. The part of the hobby I enjoy the most is just learning about a new car. Driving a car for the first time not knowing what it’s like, is the fun part for me. Like a box of chocolates, or opening a present on Christmas morning or whatever. 😀

Haha, well it’s weird. The part of the hobby I enjoy the most is just learning about a new car. Driving a car for the first time not knowing what it’s like, is the fun part for me. Like a box of chocolates, or opening a present on Christmas morning or whatever. 😀

I totally get that even though I am the opposite. I get to know something like say my ‘99 stumpjumper mtb and tend to stick with it. Same with full size cars etc. So I tend to not upgrade or explore as much. I research before hand and if happy stay with it. Guess I get ‘attached’ to things.

Honestly have to say 3S stuff, BR, Granite, Vorteks, charge one pack, open the front door and rip.
Makes sense, the whole 3s line. Quick and easy lol.

I get to know something like say my ‘99 stumpjumper mtb and tend to stick with it. .
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT try a modern mountainbike. ;)

I am partly joking. I still have an old-school hardtail (Voodoo Bizango) I still like to ride from time to time to keep things real, but man does the geo suck compared to modern offerings.

Seriously, I agree with you. I generally like to fully research what's the best for me and I tend to stick with it. For bikes, my goal is to ride them for 5-7 years before changing. My rule of thumb is that I target to use it for 1 year per ~1300$CDN. I want to get at least 5 years for a 7000$ bike.

RC cars is a whole other story for me. It sort of introduced me to the evil world of impulsive buying and constant upgrade frenzy. :)

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT try a modern mountainbike. ;)

I am partly joking. I still have an old-school hardtail (Voodoo Bizango) I still like to ride from time to time to keep things real, but man does the geo suck compared to modern offerings.

Seriously, I agree with you. I generally like to fully research what's the best for me and I tend to stick with it. For bikes, my goal is to ride them for 5-7 years before changing. My rule of thumb is that I target to use it for 1 year per ~1300$CDN. I want to get at least 5 years for a 7000$ bike.

RC cars is a whole other story for me. It sort of introduced me to the evil world of impulsive buying and constant upgrade frenzy. :)
I got a 23? year old Trek 8000SL, do you think it’s time to upgrade? Lol.

I totally get that even though I am the opposite. I get to know something like say my ‘99 stumpjumper mtb and tend to stick with it. Same with full size cars etc. So I tend to not upgrade or explore as much. I research before hand and if happy stay with it. Guess I get ‘attached’ to things.

Totally get it, I keep my real cars forever. Got an old Honda with 230k miles on it that my son came home in when he was born... and now he's driving it!

Totally get it, I keep my real cars forever. Got an old Honda with 230k miles on it that my son came home in when he was born... and now he's driving it!
Nice!! I’ve either put 200k+ on every car I’ve owned or wrecked it. As a 28 year realtor/property manager (20 of those in the South SF Bay Area) I’ve driven a lot of city miles. Not so much anymore since early 2020. I’m not yet retired…just tired. My last new car is a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander and I put 66k on it the first 2 years. As of now it just has 74k on it lol. I came to hate driving near as much as people. Just done with it all.

I enjoy all of them. Its nice to grab one I haven't driven in awhile (or 2 or 3) and head out to local rc park. I like when newbies at the park check out my rides and ask questions. Last time out was a father and son with their first ever rc. They were checking out my Talion/outcast Frankenstein and my Xmaxx and were asking a ton of questions about batteries, parts expense and they are already wanting something a little faster.

20211211_145825.jpg

My choices for using an RC right now is just my Typhon 3s… I’m restoring a vintage Kyosho Raider, and my Slash 2wd needs electronics and a whole bunch of other stuff, I’m turning it into a speed run RC.

Go to is the senton, after some upgrades to my liking it’s dialed. Perfect size for my local bashing spot 5 min away. Runs perfect with the sensored 4s set up on 3s👌.
K6 is right behind it, I figure this may all change once the Mexb is finished?😂

Hard to pick a favourite. But lately my girlfriend and I have been having a blast with our SCX6's. The X-Maxx's - after a few upgrades - have proven to be indestructible and are a lot of fun in fields or in the snow.
If we run our "custom bodies" on the X-Maxx's it always attracts attention - it is fun to hear peoples reactions..

20211116_133533sm - small.JPG

20210511_205804.jpg

Not necessarily your favorite car or the one you put the most into… I mean the one you grab when you get a chance to go out for a quick bash. The car that you know you can run just about anywhere for any amount of time and enjoy.

Mine has rapidly become my vorteks hybrid. It started life as a Vorteks and I didn’t really like it. So I added a granite front shock tower, typhon arms, granite tires, mojave 6s front shocks all around, hot racing diff yokes and a granite blx esc. Next will be a new shell. I’m done with the pink…stuff 🤮

My fav used to be my granite and it still is my favorite all around RC car…but that has been set up more for jumping and skateparks now. There’s just something about the vorteks hybrid that’s special. It rips, rarely turtles, carves through turns and is a blast to drive in pretty much any terrain. It’s also proven to be extremely durable.

So what is your favorite ‘go to’ car?

View attachment 186418

View attachment 186419

View attachment 186420
mine would be my senton 3s blx rtr v3
Not necessarily your favorite car or the one you put the most into… I mean the one you grab when you get a chance to go out for a quick bash. The car that you know you can run just about anywhere for any amount of time and enjoy.

Mine has rapidly become my vorteks hybrid. It started life as a Vorteks and I didn’t really like it. So I added a granite front shock tower, typhon arms, granite tires, mojave 6s front shocks all around, hot racing diff yokes and a granite blx esc. Next will be a new shell. I’m done with the pink…stuff 🤮

My fav used to be my granite and it still is my favorite all around RC car…but that has been set up more for jumping and skateparks now. There’s just something about the vorteks hybrid that’s special. It rips, rarely turtles, carves through turns and is a blast to drive in pretty much any terrain. It’s also proven to be extremely durable.

So what is your favorite ‘go to’ car?

View attachment 186418

View attachment 186419

View attachment 186420
mine would be my senton 3s v3 blx rtr

Lately I’ve been just leaving my Mojave home...so I can enjoy my others! 😀
I understand that, no need to cause strife and jealousy within the herd 🙃

Fast Boats.....
Now we are into winter, I forgot to mention boats.
As far as the fun factor, not much beats a day on the lake with our 2 Proboat Sonicwakes.
2 boats running 50 mph across the water sure brings a smile to the face.
These will go through batteries quite quick.
We will head out with 30 sets of batteries (4S and 6S) and then be disappointed when we are on the last set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back