What is your ‘go to’ rc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the moment my "go to" rig is my Element Sendero HD Crawler.
PSX_20210911_110607.jpg

I got a 23? year old Trek 8000SL, do you think it’s time to upgrade? Lol.
I’m just running a 20’ top fuel and I see mine is now a dinosaur
Fast Boats.....
Now we are into winter, I forgot to mention boats.
As far as the fun factor, not much beats a day on the lake with our 2 Proboat Sonicwakes.
2 boats running 50 mph across the water sure brings a smile to the face.
These will go through batteries quite quick.
We will head out with 30 sets of batteries (4S and 6S) and then be disappointed when we are on the last set.
Boats run in snow!!👍🏼

Fast Boats.....
Now we are into winter, I forgot to mention boats.
As far as the fun factor, not much beats a day on the lake with our 2 Proboat Sonicwakes.
2 boats running 50 mph across the water sure brings a smile to the face.
These will go through batteries quite quick.
We will head out with 30 sets of batteries (4S and 6S) and then be disappointed when we are on the last set.
Good grief that’s a lot of batteries! Sounds like an absolute blast though.
View attachment 187102
That is a sweet looking RC!
View attachment 187102
How did you make the license plate?
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT try a modern mountainbike. ;)

I am partly joking. I still have an old-school hardtail (Voodoo Bizango) I still like to ride from time to time to keep things real, but man does the geo suck compared to modern offerings.

Seriously, I agree with you. I generally like to fully research what's the best for me and I tend to stick with it. For bikes, my goal is to ride them for 5-7 years before changing. My rule of thumb is that I target to use it for 1 year per ~1300$CDN. I want to get at least 5 years for a 7000$ bike.

RC cars is a whole other story for me. It sort of introduced me to the evil world of impulsive buying and constant upgrade frenzy. :)
I had to ease back on riding by 2013 and have a cervical spine fusion, C2 through 7, at the end of 2016. A year later nerve damage started at the thoracic cervical connection. Finally, this year I sold my custom 2010 stumpjumper and my track bike. I won’t be sitting on a bike again… but I could not sell my first mountain bike, the one that I have over 30,000+ miles on and so much blood sweat and tears. I love that bike.

Last edited:
It printed in adhesive backed vinyl. :)

Thank you! It really is my go to at the moment, but I have others in the works that are competing for that place of honor. ;)
I am hoping as my wife learns her Cricut I got her for Christmas… We’re looking for a good color vinyl printer next, she can make things like that license plate. Just for fun and all😃

If you have an inkjet printer they sell vinyl that works well too, you just have to seal it with an acrylic clear coat to waterproof it. I am spoiled because I work in a printshop and have access to cool toys. :cool:

If you have an inkjet printer they sell vinyl that works well too, you just have to seal it with an acrylic clear coat to waterproof it. I am spoiled because I work in a printshop and have access to cool toys. :cool:

My wife was telling me that the other day. I’m letting her research that part. She is the IT equipment nerd, not me 😂 I’m researching a heat press. To do shirts, mugs and other stuff. We won’t be able to swing the stuff till next quarter but we are making our plans.

I picked up Inkpress Adhesive backed vinyl a couple of weeks ago and been printing a few random stickers for my cars on Epson P800 inkjet printer.
Haven't noticed a problem with water -yet!

Doom! .... What are you using for waterproofing?

I had to ease back on riding by 2013 and have a cervical spine fusion, C2 through 7, at the end of 2016. A year later nerve damage started at the thoracic cervical connection. Finally, this year I sold my custom 2010 stumpjumper and my track bike. I won’t be sitting on a bike again… but I could not sell my first mountain bike, the one that I have over 30,000+ miles on and so much blood sweat and tears. I love that bike.

Oh, yes...I forgot you got such a nasty injury. 😣 Sorry about that! I understand you wanting to keep your most meaningful bike.

Is it the hardtail or FSR version of the Stumpjumper?

I had a '00 Stumjumper FSRxc. I replaced it by a '06 Giant Trance as my main trailbike, but kept the Stumpy as a backup bike until 2011, when I transfered all the components to the Voodoo hardtail.

Oh, yes...I forgot you got such a nasty injury. 😣 Sorry about that! I understand you wanting to keep your most meaningful bike.

Is it the hardtail or FSR version of the Stumpjumper?

I had a '00 Stumjumper FSRxc. I replaced it by a '06 Giant Trance as my main trailbike, but kept the Stumpy as a backup bike until 2011, when I transfered all the components to the Voodoo hardtail.
It is the first year that they made the full suspension Stumpjumper, 1999. It was so over built that regardless of how hard I rode it I never managed to break the main frame in all those years and miles. I broke just about everything else including the rear triangle (MRP link helped stop that) on it and me but that frame is still solid. I attached a trail a bike to her a couple years ago so I can take my stepdaughter out…but it fiddlesticking hurts so I don’t do it often. Yeah I need to pull her out tomorrow and check on old Sheila. It’s been a while.

Yeah I earned and enjoyed every injury I’ve ever had so no apologies or sympathy needed. I always thought that I would be buried with that bike when I was done and gone, but recently I realized it would be more fun to be cremated and put in a titanium urn with ‘shake doug for luck!’ engraved on it. That thing will rattle like a Castaneda I’ve got so many metal bits and pieces in me 🤣

Hard to pick just one when you have 20... The 3 that seem to be most consistent about coming home still running lately... 1) Typhon 6S that's nearly full M2C'd just needs the chassis that I have waiting for shop time. Fast in bash races and jumps well. Probably get a TLR roller and then truggify this one for more clearance on higher grass and better air control in jumps. (bought it on a lark and it quickly became one of my favorites.) 2) Team Corally Kronos XTR - Fast in bash races and more nimble turning than my 6S Arrma's. Jumps well but since it's harder to get parts I use other trucks for big sends. 3) 6S Kraton EXB turned into a Kraton XL (Mojave Chassis) with an 8S system. Built by RCP. Runs with the bigger 1/5th scaler's well and can jump when I want to. (have an M2C chassis for it also so it might handle bigger sends soon)

I have many very capable rigs so it's interesting to rediscover a gem that I had forgotten about when others break and you get out some that you haven't driven lately and remember why you bought them.
Hurricane

Hard to pick just one when you have 20... The 3 that seem to be most consistent about coming home still running lately... 1) Typhon 6S that's nearly full M2C'd just needs the chassis that I have waiting for shop time. Fast in bash races and jumps well. Probably get a TLR roller and then truggify this one for more clearance on higher grass and better air control in jumps. (bought it on a lark and it quickly became one of my favorites.) 2) Team Corally Kronos XTR - Fast in bash races and more nimble turning than my 6S Arrma's. Jumps well but since it's harder to get parts I use other trucks for big sends. 3) 6S Kraton EXB turned into a Kraton XL (Mojave Chassis) with an 8S system. Built by RCP. Runs with the bigger 1/5th scaler's well and can jump when I want to. (have an M2C chassis for it also so it might handle bigger sends soon)

I have many very capable rigs so it's interesting to rediscover a gem that I had forgotten about when others break and you get out some that you haven't driven lately and remember why you bought them.
Hurricane
Very nice! I’ve only a portion of your herd and just got my first 6s car (Noto) but get what you mean a little. I’m sure I’ll understand much better by next years end lol.

My wife was telling me that the other day. I’m letting her research that part. She is the IT equipment nerd, not me 😂 I’m researching a heat press. To do shirts, mugs and other stuff. We won’t be able to swing the stuff till next quarter but we are making our plans.
Just got a 8 in 1 multifunctional swing away clamshell heat press for the wife …it was on her Amazon Xmas list…I see lots of potential Rc related stuff to try 😎

Just got a 8 in 1 multifunctional swing away clamshell heat press for the wife …it was on her Amazon Xmas list…I see lots of potential Rc related stuff to try 😎
Seeet!! What brand?? Got a link? That’s what I’m researching, One of those eight in one deals. Do you know if she researched it? Please update how it works. The Cricut name brand presses are ridiculously expensive so I’m hoping these multi combo things are good. Thanks!

Seeet!! What brand?? Got a link? That’s what I’m researching, One of those eight in one deals. Do you know if she researched it? Please update how it works. The Cricut name brand presses are ridiculously expensive so I’m hoping these multi combo things are good. Thanks!
For sure I’ll keep u updated…let me find the exact one, here’s the one she wanted that was her list. She got a couple of the Cricut presses that I got her last yr…dang it’s almost like I’m supporting 2 pricy hobbies…so I don’t get much flack over the growing collection of RC’s & rc parts that I’ve amassed over the last year 😎

9FC55CAA-6844-43FE-9F79-648B22924C59.png

For sure I’ll keep u updated…let me find the exact one, here’s the one she wanted that was her list. She got a couple of the Cricut presses that I got her last yr…dang it’s almost like I’m supporting 2 pricy hobbies…so I don’t get much flack over the growing collection of RC’s & rc parts that I’ve amassed over the last year 😎

View attachment 187216
Thank you! I’ve seen that one before. That’s great that you have the Cricut presses so you can compare. One thing I’ve wondered is if the Cricut prices are higher quality compared to the 8 in 1 things. What did your wife think about the cricut presses by the way?

It is a pricey hobby and It’s something that my wife has been talking about since we met a couple+ years ago. Months ago I realized this was what I needed to do for her Christmas. I wanted to show her that I appreciate her interests as much as she does mine. Its also something that she can do with her 8 year old daughter and I love watching them work together on things. Funny thing is in the more I researched it the more interested I got myself lol.

Yes, Please let me know her thoughts as she uses it. Thanks!

Very nice! I’ve only a portion of your herd and just got my first 6s car (Noto) but get what you mean a little. I’m sure I’ll understand much better by next years end lol.
It's a progressive thing... Early 2021 it was my Big Rock as that was my warm up truck that i'd drive first so it got the most use. Then my Notorious was my warm up/go to in late spring/early summer then the other 3 took over since late summer. I am building and upping the power on my large scale stuff so maybe next year it'll change to be my one of my K8S EXB/DBXLE 2.0/Xmaxx... The guys I bash with really like their large scale stuff so that drives the builds. (and not getting run over)
Enjoy your Notorious, it's a great truck!
Hurricane

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back