Kraton What is your battery set up for your kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the same battery , but for me it doesn't have enough C,my LiPo alarm goes off everytime i hit the throttle hard and the battery gets hot.I ordered Smc 5200 70c/140c 4s battery to try.

Does your charger show the internal resistance of the cells in that pack ? I'm curious to know what you may be reading on that battery. Mines still new and I'll be looking at it closer now to see if it's decent or not. It's too new to tell....I like to get a few cycles in first. Also....do you run off your Lipo alarm to tell you when to shut down...or do you just stop when the ESC hits the low voltage cut off ? Most ESC's will ignore voltage sags that are brief and just keep going. Most of the long time RCers will notice a slow down with a bad cell. What voltage do you use for low....I normally use 3.2 to 3.4 volts. Thanks much.

I got the ESC you are using on my list of things to purchase.....looks real nice. I like it more than the Tekin also. I like looking at data as much as driving so that's on my radar. I'm trying to move up in technology also...I want to use my smart phone with the ESC. Seems much more awesome...how do you like the ESC ? Can you post a screen shot of what you see on your phone. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Does your charger show the internal resistance of the cells in that pack ? I'm curious to know what you may be reading on that battery. Mines still new and I'll be looking at it closer now to see if it's decent or not. It's too new to tell....I like to get a few cycles in first. Also....do you run off your LiPo alarm to tell you when to shut down...or do you just stop when the ESC hits the low voltage cut off ? Most ESC's will ignore voltage sags that are brief and just keep going. Most of the long time RCers will notice a slow down with a bad cell. What voltage do you use for low....I normally use 3.2 to 3.4 volts. Thanks much.

I got the ESC you are using on my list of things to purchase.....looks real nice. I like it more than the Tekin also. I like looking at data as much as driving so that's on my radar. I'm trying to move up in technology also...I want to use my smart phone with the ESC. Seems much more awesome...how do you like the ESC ? Can you post a screen shot of what you see on your phone. Thanks again.
The Hobbywing Max8 doesn't do data logging.I have it set to nmh setting for 5s,so no low voltage alarm.I set my battery alarm to 3.6.At that setting i put back in 4700mah for the pack.If i have punch set to 4 it will scream at every hit of the throttle.I think the stock esc has its software set rather tame on punch to keep most Kratons running longer!Haven't checked ir yet but it does go uneven if you let it sit for a day with a charge on it!

The Hobbywing Max8 doesn't do data logging.I have it set to nmh setting for 5s,so no low voltage alarm.I set my battery alarm to 3.6.At that setting i put back in 4700mah for the pack.If i have punch set to 4 it will scream at every hit of the throttle.I think the stock esc has its software set rather tame on punch to keep most Kratons running longer!Haven't checked ir yet but it does go uneven if you let it sit for a day with a charge on it!

I'll keep an eye on mine....thanks man.

I often see voltage sags on my data logger that dip below my low voltage cut off. Sometimes I'll see them more on some packs or a brand new one for some reason. The ESC probably averages it all and ignores it, I never toasted an ESC or battery. ....however, a voltage sag will trigger a lipo alarm set at 3.6 real easy I would think.... I'll have to try that....sounds like you could run a pack longer with the alarm. IDK, I have never tried one. They are cheap enough to get. A real good low resistance pack, good clean connectors, short wires, and good solder helps also. Not all Lipos are that good...I always check ripple voltage and add a few extra caps just for the heck of it. Cool....I'm trying a Lipo alarm also.

Last edited:
Basher 4000mAh 6S 65C Hardcase Pack (HobbyK) POWERRRR :))
Spec.:
Capacity: 4000mAh
Voltage: 6S1P / 6 Cell / 22.2v
Discharge: 65C Constant / 90C Burst
Weight: 604g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 138x47x48mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: HXT4mm
Hi mate, wondering how the lipo held out for you? Have you had any problems with it? Very close to pulling the trigger and buying it just can't find any reviews?
Many thanks

I run one of those batteries in my Arrma/Tekno stuff, I like it a lot and it has been holding up great for the last season of bashing. I have heard a bunch of others have good luck with them as well... PULL THE TRIGGER!!:)

I have a v1 Talion and run a Hobbywing Quicrun 150amp esc with the 42/74 hobbywing 2000kv motor, it has a 19tooth pinion and runs only 4s 5000mah 30c/50c Overlander supersport lipos. Have to say these lipos are over 3 years old and still balance perfectly every time, brilliant. I am going to invest in some new lipos this christmas tho.

I decided to try some of these:
HRB 3S RC Lipo Battery 6000mah 11.1V 50C-100C XT90 Plug
Amazon link ---> http://a.co/d/0DvOaUe

I have SMC's, Power Hobby, Turnigy Graphene packs and these HRB perform every bit as well as the Turnigy.

I also have :

HRB 5000mAh 50C 6S 22.2v RC Lipo Battery XT90 Plug
http://a.co/d/e0rI7ul

It also performs very well.

TT

TP 4070cm 2200kv
20/50 (pinion/Spur)
HW Max 5 esc
6s graphene 6000mah
killmode 6pack cap pack 13,200uf
84BFB6B6-CC3C-4ECB-9EBF-FD356E74B311.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back