This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great little truck as far as I am concerned. Had mine for a week now and I have started upgrading mine as well...Ordered $600 worth of stuff from LHS on Monday ?? Granted $300 of that was on my new DX5 rugged tx w/ SR515...as well as a bunch of different shock and diff oils to try different setups...and some hot racing parts and spares for stuff I am likely to break hahaView attachment 79877
Right, I don't even have the kraton 6s yet and have about $500 worth of upgrades and spare parts. Every day I order rmore parts, servo, mount, braces, difs, rebuild parts, rpm arms, bumper, etc.I need to stop.

Great little truck as far as I am concerned. Had mine for a week now and I have started upgrading mine as well...Ordered $600 worth of stuff from LHS on Monday ?? Granted $300 of that was on my new DX5 rugged tx w/ SR515...as well as a bunch of different shock and diff oils to try different setups...and some hot racing parts and spares for stuff I am likely to break hahaView attachment 79877
ITS ADDICTING !

I ordered the Spektrum SR215 with DX5C Transmitter, Fast Eddy Sealed Bearings, 12MM Wheel Hexs, Proline Badlands , Senton Body Replacement , Savox 1258TG, Kimbrough 124 Servo Savor.

Hopefully everything goes planned. Wish I could find Typhon 6S shocks already. The BLX100 is awesome...... When it works !! On my second due to the blinky red light of death. Two BLX120 are waiting for backups ??
20200427_150620.jpg

Right, I don't even have the kraton 6s yet and have about $500 worth of upgrades and spare parts. Every day I order rmore parts, servo, mount, braces, difs, rebuild parts, rpm arms, bumper, etc.I need to stop.
Do you have a chassis in that $500? I hope so ?

It's an addiction there is no doubt about it...I feel like I've forgotten to do something on the days I don't order new parts ? Spend all my free time either roaming the forum looking for advice/ideas or spending money at my LHS...sorry kids, daddy cant play right now...he is spending your college education $$ ??

Sorry @smokedstanley...feel like we are starting to deviate a little of course from the intended purpose of this thread...it just happens so easily ??

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming! ?

Last edited:
Do you have a chassis in that $500? I hope so ?
Let's keep it positive, I am hoping that the aluminum front and rear center brace will help with bending. I can also weld supports along the back edges if I choose since it's aluminum. Like .104 X .250 strips on edge or something. Have to play around with it.

Let's keep it positive, I am hoping that the aluminum front and rear center brace will help with bending. I can also weld supports along the back edges if I choose since it's aluminum. Like .104 X .250 strips on edge or something. Have to play around with it.

I don't see how you spend $500 and not have a chassis in there. Chassis, shock towers, two chassis braces, servo, steering rack, bearings, a front bumper and call it a day. Maybe a servo mount if you feel the need. The rest I would do as they break, like the arms and the wing mount.

Really depends on the day. My go to is the mojave as of late. But when i really want to the beat the ever loving crap out of something i bring out the torment 4x4 with vxl3s system in it. The truck is bulletproof stock. Ive never owned anything that takes the abuse this does. Sometimes ill get a buzz on and go into "regret" mode and try to break the thing and it just doesn't quit.

I don't see how you spend $500 and not have a chassis in there. Chassis, shock towers, two chassis braces, servo, steering rack, bearings, a front bumper and call it a day. Maybe a servo mount if you feel the need. The rest I would do as they break, like the arms and the wing mount.
I definitely went over board on parts and upgrades. Just the servo was $83.99 it adds up quick. I thought you were being sarcastic.

Again, would like to keep this thread positive and not start questioning people's choices, or whether someone is right or wrong.

Last edited:
I definitely went over board on parts and upgrades. Just the servo was $83.99 it adds up quick. I thought you were being sarcastic.

Again, would like to keep this thread positive and not start questioning people's choices, or whether someone is right or wrong.
Forgot what I said. You did great! Enjoy the Kraton ???

Good post...

If I have time and not on travel, I go for my Infraction. However, corp work keeps me busy so I grab the drifter SkyLine mini-z that I can play with on lunch breaks or even on long week travel to satisfy the 47yr kid in me

#1 Mini-Z Skyline R33
#2 Infraction if I am at home and mall lot is clear of cars
#3 Granite BLX if I can get to the construction lot for 4x4 fun

gTIjsKVY_92s_GcjI934Us0Scb-m1Ar86XodBD4iC38o8HjlXO7XZ_Jm4L9jGTWX4AVoH0x8kazeyBruCAw05clZzLSBOAynPby22dbvtaRC1QdkupWcKdr0MMXwWg6mpgoOX5y7d-XCar73-1RgPlzFSc1yFyZst1ZH_fC6QMRPS3AiiDuKyv0tTJcq116TEaD6fPe_dTgxavLKAMjhpGFIGIfodwCm9IDu1kfrYv1D0UqZ3f_JoOl52NSGo-RfJdGCsQbu4_lzDad8Xj9MnX1kc789FJm-FuUeOWMR3bQbRXNU2ySohaq0-k4nxkHTTzdoAJN6mCuv3grHQCtCvbi9CyjuETDL7XbJdhJwhvGE2wzYrLW3EFobI-CCLnpBoZEZhRsHTgCqSfvcUCdnAAw4wMXS1KsG0zAtjlqjW-GtEf-YpNBUqRGm0sUoWulQHZoqXGwFdt9t9wyH5LhDIcT33FAT2AY_y6-bmiuDAJ_EeuAkIeaXgUIfjUgx1KJDVUgYgvLsRt7i7Be3cIa9apWOwxN3cxJf6jxOZpC10zIr44FZA-ACEBmuYkrZrZ6865banhScFMcpMu4ggQuOxvFv7fE_Wt2BDIlRF0akUoxgn3qmx9wdzheHlryVfvOXjqbeQrYZJ2AIFur97nsvRlAv5gg_vGs_DUA7zCvrLM8Tq1KPuHzfLwMF4uvEtQ=w1281-h585-no

Mine varies from year to year. But after my last bash session, my extended stampede 4x4 will likely be the second truck I always take for a while. The other will likely be either my outcast 6s or ERBEv2. My bag has enough room to "comfortably" fit a 1/8th and a 1/10th in it. Sometimes I take my eJato for a spin instead of the stampede.

Trugified typhon. Can be turned into almost anything...
20200418_163505-jpg.75532
@Jimbobjr ... What towers/body posts are you using, as it looks like that body fits with no mods..!!???

As for my favourite, my favourite is whatever is working at the time..????
Too hard to choose really, Kraton, Infraction, Typhon, Mojavefied, MT410....
I just recently beat the snot out of my bat? crazy Mojavefied and my bashing session ended without any damage whatsoever, so maybe it's my goto...?

Mojavefied...?

IMG_9649 2.jpeg

Last edited:
agree chassis first and chassis braces
I am curious what car people grab first when they want to go have some fun. There are no right, or wrong answers and it does not have to be an Arrma. Please just name the brand and model and let us know what other cars you have now or have owned. If the car you list is the only rc you have ever owned that is fine, just let us know.

I don't want this to turn into an argument on why someone is wrong, I just want to know what rig is your favorite.

Here is my response

Go to Traxxas Maxx 4s

My other cars
Arrma Kraton 4s
Redcat Blackout xte pro
Redcat Volcano epx pro

Waiting for Armma Kraton 6s - currently in transit
talion

I'm curious why the Senton is so popular in the 3s line, over the Granite or Big Rock? Beside the fact that I'm just more a fan of the MT styling, the SCT seems to have some shortcommings; small tires that are junk and provide less ground clearance, body is exposed over the bumpers, so it's going to smash, large bumpers underneath are not strong so they break constantly, big body makes it sail in the air or at high speed. The Big Rock is essentially the same setup, but having the smaller body inside the tires and bumpers seems like a much better configuration to me, and just better looking IMO.

@Jimbobjr ... What towers/body posts are you using, as it looks like that body fits with no mods..!!???
I made the mount supports. Did not want to put more holes in the body. The 4s Kraton body’s material is the thickest of all my Arrma bodies, even the k8s. Need to make some more mods for it one of these days...

Attachments

• 7BB56589-F5AA-4A6D-B867-73780A145D69.jpeg
    7BB56589-F5AA-4A6D-B867-73780A145D69.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 56
  • B40B7647-3ED4-437D-B8AD-D8F86A0DAADB.jpeg
    B40B7647-3ED4-437D-B8AD-D8F86A0DAADB.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 62
I made the mount supports. Did not want to put more holes in the body. The 4s Kraton body’s material is the thickest of all my Arrma bodies, even the k8s. Need to make some more mods for it one of these days...

Looks like a nice solution, now get to work on a full under chassis plate to stiffen it up!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back