This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a nice solution, now get to work on a full under chassis plate to stiffen it up!
Keeping up with k8s maintenance uses most of my shop time lol. I have lots of ideas for the trugtyphon. Carbon towers and braces like I did on the talion. I did make a foam tower to support the body which was a quick fix for body support. Wanted to use the old style support from the outcast but couldn’t find one in my spares...

Oh, my bad, thought that was a 4s Kraton with plastic chassis. Someone really needs to put up a solution for that chassis, otherwise 4s are fabulous.

Oh, my bad, thought that was a 4s Kraton with plastic chassis. Someone really needs to put up a solution for that chassis, otherwise 4s are fabulous.
The swb 6s are nearly exactly the same wheelbase. Love the look of the 4s Kraton so I decided to use the body. I see some broken 4s chassis on the forum here. They are cheap enough but never in stock. Hopefully we get out of this lockdown and more will come available.

I'm curious why the Senton is so popular in the 3s line, over the Granite or Big Rock?

People are starting to realize that short course trucks kinda suck, and sales have been declining for years. I think that’s partly why the Senton 6S wasn’t updated.

Lately it’s been this little guy. It’s loads of fun and handles so well.

662CA20D-7FC8-47BC-9115-8B3D6C80DC20.jpeg

BD80B0CE-29AA-4720-AAA0-51AF018655E4.jpeg

People are starting to realize that short course trucks kinda suck, and sales have been declining for years. I think that’s partly why the Senton 6S wasn’t updated.

Senton 6s was updated to Mojave to compete against UDR. Senton 3s is more true 1/10 scale SCT. I'm in a couple of FB groups and I see more Senton than the other 3s/4s models it seems.

Senton 6s was updated to Mojave to compete against UDR. Senton 3s is more true 1/10 scale SCT. I'm in a couple of FB groups and I see more Senton than the other 3s/4s models it seems.

Pretty much newbs that buy SCT's. Once they realize they suck, which could take years, they buy other stuff.

Tekno used to update their SCT410 every year. Losi did as well. Now it's been years, and they probably will never update them quite honestly, sales are down quite a bit.
Do not argue with the smartest guy in the room! ?

Tired of being wrong all the time? :ROFLMAO:

I am curious what car people grab first when they want to go have some fun. There are no right, or wrong answers and it does not have to be an Arrma. Please just name the brand and model and let us know what other cars you have now or have owned. If the car you list is the only rc you have ever owned that is fine, just let us know.

I don't want this to turn into an argument on why someone is wrong, I just want to know what rig is your favorite.

Here is my response

Go to Traxxas Maxx 4s

My other cars
Arrma Kraton 4s
Redcat Blackout xte pro
Redcat Volcano epx pro

Waiting for Armma Kraton 6s - currently in transit
For me, it depends on the day and the mood. Lately, it's been the drone. :) I have run a pack (or set) through all of them at least once in the last few weeks. :)

I load the truck up with at least 4rc’s when I have time to play. My top 4 that get the most play time are
kraton 6s, Erevo 2.0 Kraton 8s and the DBXLE
My other vehicles: Xmaxx. Outcast 6s. Rustler. Rock Rey. Outcast 4s Big Rock Crew cab

Lately it’s been this little guy. It’s loads of fun and handles so well.

View attachment 80044

View attachment 80045
Do you have a link to those wheels? I am sure you posted it or told me where they came from but I cannot remember.

And not to copy Mongoose but, these 2 little guys.
The Chevy is a LC Racing EMB-TGH truggy the Ford is a Lc Racing EMB-MT monster truck.
20200303_215354.jpg
20200403_140452.jpg

I love how SCT look im interested on it but they fly like a plane about to crash
2x52i0.jpg

Here you go @slick2500. They are from my Redcat Blackout XTE.

I don’t know if this is the best place to buy them but it looks to be the cheapest option. Sometimes y’all amaze me at the pricing you find on eBay. Seems like no matter how hard I search I never find the same links lol.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Redcat-R...MIsKy15I6z6QIVC7LICh18DQV0EAQYASABEgIoD_D_BwE

080421B7-8F90-4535-87F5-8DA8BDF3E45D.jpeg

Edit - Also, after your recommendation to check if the chassis bottoms out before the shocks, it does not bottom out before the shocks. Just a FYI if you decide to buy.

I don't see how you spend $500 and not have a chassis in there. Chassis, shock towers, two chassis braces, servo, steering rack, bearings, a front bumper and call it a day. Maybe a servo mount if you feel the need. The rest I would do as they break, like the arms and the wing mount.
M2C Chassis has been ordered. Won't install till the original fails

Here you go @slick2500. They are from my Redcat Blackout XTE.

I don’t know if this is the best place to buy them but it looks to be the cheapest option. Sometimes y’all amaze me at the pricing you find on eBay. Seems like no matter how hard I search I never find the same links lol.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Redcat-R...MIsKy15I6z6QIVC7LICh18DQV0EAQYASABEgIoD_D_BwE

View attachment 80153

Edit - Also, after your recommendation to check if the chassis bottoms out before the shocks, it does not bottom out before the shocks. Just a FYI if you decide to buy.
Oh okay. A friend of mine was looking at getting the truggy and wanted some cheap wheels and tires to run on it because he knows he will burn through the stock tires. And from the looks of things these might even be more than he wanted to spend.

1) Favorite Basher = Kraton-goes anywhere takes on anything and very level.
2) Best looking = Infraction-this isn't my opinion, it's just a fact
3) Toughest = Typhon-i can't seem to be able to break this thing
4) Funnest and carefree to drive = Notorious-the more tumbles, slides and abuse the better looking she gets

Oh okay. A friend of mine was looking at getting the truggy and wanted some cheap wheels and tires to run on it because he knows he will burn through the stock tires. And from the looks of things these might even be more than he wanted to spend.

The stock pin tires have been holding up pretty well for me on blacktop so far. But, I ran a line of Bob Smith IC2000 on the inner and outer bead and even that stuff has a hard time holding the tire to the wheel because the rubber is so soft. The soft rubber is also what makes them a nice tire too though. I haven’t lost a tire but I still like a better bond on these types of wheels.

I ordered a set of the EMB-MT tires off Riptide RC so he may still have some. $16 for 4 I think it was.

The stock pin tires have been holding up pretty well for me on blacktop so far. But, I ran a line of Bob Smith IC2000 on the inner and outer bead and even that stuff has a hard time holding the tire to the wheel because the rubber is so soft. The soft rubber is also what makes them a nice tire too though. I haven’t lost a tire but I still like a better bond on these types of wheels.

I ordered a set of the EMB-MT tires off Riptide RC so he may still have some. $16 for 4 I think it was.
I think that is what he ended up getting. I like these https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-10-RC-Of...750045?hash=item419a8c251d:g:hZkAAOSwu4BVwTaz

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back