This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am curious what car people grab first when they want to go have some fun. There are no right, or wrong answers and it does not have to be an Arrma. Please just name the brand and model and let us know what other cars you have now or have owned. If the car you list is the only rc you have ever owned that is fine, just let us know.

I don't want this to turn into an argument on why someone is wrong, I just want to know what rig is your favorite.

Here is my response

Go to Traxxas Maxx 4s

My other cars
Arrma Kraton 4s
Redcat Blackout xte pro
Redcat Volcano epx pro

Waiting for Armma Kraton 6s - currently in transit
My go to even though I don't own it yet, will be the ARRMA Notorious 6s matte black...I think for weight and stunt ability it’ll be my go to.
2nd Arrma Kraton 8s..as of now my 1st
3rd Traxxas Rally VXL (SK8 PARK only)
4tht Taxxas Slash VXL 2wd

Right now it's my "OG" Rustler, but I've yet to bring out any of my Arrma's. Between the weather and my job, it's hard to find time.

Limitless, like the speed !!..or kraton, on big parking lot, got 60+ mph. Road course worked out on it..but it's too rough for limitless..then there's the drones !! Talion broke, can't keep input bearing and shaft together.. running it too fast, getting too much front dog bone osclation.

Last edited:
I am curious what car people grab first when they want to go have some fun. There are no right, or wrong answers and it does not have to be an Arrma. Please just name the brand and model and let us know what other cars you have now or have owned. If the car you list is the only rc you have ever owned that is fine, just let us know.

I don't want this to turn into an argument on why someone is wrong, I just want to know what rig is your favorite.

Here is my response

Go to Traxxas Maxx 4s

My other cars
Arrma Kraton 4s
Redcat Blackout xte pro
Redcat Volcano epx pro

Waiting for Armma Kraton 6s - currently in transit
When you get your 6s kraton, there will be dust on the MAXX!!
Go to is kraton 6s, I own Typhon 6s and 3s, outcast 4s,E-Revo 2.0, Kyosho Mad Van, tamiya lunchbox van,WLToys 141441 whatever it is lol,and a gen 7 pro.

Last edited:
When you get your 6s kraton, there will be dust on the MAXX!!
Go to is kraton 6s, I own Typhon 6s and 3s, outcast 4s,E-Revo 2.0, Kyosho Mad Van, tamiya lunchbox van,WLToys 141441 whatever it is lol,and a gen 7 pro.
What a pos that 144001 is at least mine was anyway.

My 2 go to #ARRMA's are the following: #v3 #KRATON & my #v4 #6s Notorious Stunt Truck w/ a OutCast body!
Notorious vs Kraton3.jpg

- My go 2 changes frequently! My 1991 RC10 Championship Edition Stealth is getting a LOT of love from me and my wife lately. She loves the way it handles. It's really ridiculous of how well it still handles! I run my new re-release Kyosho Ultima while she's wheeling the RC10.
- X-Maxx and Maxx is our go 2 at bigger places. Both run forever on initial packs. Kraton 6s used to be the go 2 with the X-Maxx. The Kraton 6s just runs batteries down too fast so I don't run it much.
- I've hurt some sportsman's class feelings with my old RC8.2e buggy but have just ordered the new RC8B3.2e to race periodically.

The Kraton 6s just runs batteries down too fast so I don't run it much.

I wonder if that's because it's easier to drive it at WOT all the time than the other two. I know before dropping a center diff into my stampede 4x4, it seemed to run forever on a pack, but after the center diff, my run times dropped from ~30 minutes to ~23 minutes, and now with the slash extended chassis it's closer to 20 minutes. Hard to tell for sure with my current setup as I changed the esc when I went with the longer chassis.

All I know is that when I go bashing with any of my eight bashers (3 Arrmas, 3 Traxxas, and two Redcat KAIJUs), I always try to bring my Maxx 4s (which can also run 6s with installed xmaxx ESC) because I know that all my other RC'S will be in a pile broken pretty much every time. The Maxx has come home in one piece almost every time. I've broken two bodies and one steering block since January 2020. That's an impressive track record. And I did blow my stock ESC (was running it too slow for too long, so it overheated because of the bigger Kaiju tires). I did rip one of stock tire too. That's it! I made it long, because I wanted to explain why it's my go to RC ?

All I know is that when I go bashing with any of my eight bashers (3 Arrmas, 3 Traxxas, and two Redcat KAIJUs), I always try to bring my Maxx 4s (which can also run 6s with installed xmaxx ESC) because I know that all my other RC'S will be in a pile broken pretty much every time. The Maxx has come home in one piece almost every time. I've broken two bodies and one steering block since January 2020. That's an impressive track record. And I did blow my stock ESC (was running it too slow for too long, so it overheated because of the bigger Kaiju tires). I did rip one of stock tire too. That's it! I made it long, because I wanted to explain why it's my go to RC ?
When I ran the Kaiju on 4S I was thinking about how one could break it. It was so tame compared to 6S. I run exclusively on 6S and have broken very little. Once they have a metal spur this will be an incredible truck. Even the upper links have held together for me. My total damage cost on this truck in 2 months is less than $35. That has to be less than an ESC, a tire, two bodies and a steering block for the Maxx ???

When I ran the Kaiju on 4S I was thinking about how one could break it. It was so tame compared to 6S. I run exclusively on 6S and have broken very little. Once they have a metal spur this will be an incredible truck. Even the upper links have held together for me. My total damage cost on this truck in 2 months is less than $35. That has to be less than an ESC, a tire, two bodies and a steering block for the Maxx ???
Absolutely. My problem is that I don't nail the landings every time, so the Maxx is more idoit proof like you have mentioned before. The Kaiju is probably just as durable when the right person is on the controls. My son also helps me beat up my RC'S so that probably doesn't help either ??.

Absolutely. My problem is that I don't nail the landings every time, so the Maxx is more idoit proof like you have mentioned before. The Kaiju is probably just as durable when the right person is on the controls. My son also helps me beat up my RC'S so that probably doesn't help either ??.
Did you see my latest video. I had some nasty landings with the Kaiju. I definitely don't nail every landing.

Did you see my latest video. I had some nasty landings with the Kaiju. I definitely don't nail every landing.
I don't know then. Maybe it's just luck. I'll check it out. That's what's weird sometimes. Some people break everything on one RC, while driving the same as the other person, while the other person breaks almost nothing ??.

@Armarookie43 - 100% agree and you could not have said it any better! Its all about the user and landing on all 4s if you doing any sort of launching!
Even more important is not landing under power or brake. When I know it's an abortion of a landing I just go neutral throttle and let the chips fall where they may ?

Even more important is not landing under power or brake. When I know it's an abortion of a landing I just go neutral throttle and let the chips fall where they may ?
Yeah I'm guilty of trying to correct it at the last moment. Hehe. And my son still doesn't even understand the concept of letting off the throttle. He's 4. What more can I ask from him? ?

Yeah I'm guilty of trying to correct it at the last moment. Hehe. And my son still doesn't even understand the concept of letting off the throttle. He's 4. What more can I ask from him? ?
Not much but try and teach him ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back