Kraton What is your go to tire for Kraton 6S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackops

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Continuing to build out my Kraton EXB 6S/8S as of right now will be 6S since that is the battery pack I bought, but have the head room with the Castle ESC motor to go to 8S if I decide.

Just been working on getting spare parts and changing things over. So one thing that I was looking at was picking up a spare set of tires. So wanted to know everyone's go to tire is and recommendation?

I figured what ever I get I would either make the spare setup, or if they are better than the Stock Kraton tires they would be my driving set and the stock tires would be the spare.

Either way curious to hear and see what you guys setup and recommendations are.

I also prefer the 4s LP backflips. Also for big jumps, plenty of rotation!

The LP makes it a handle ALOT better and looks cool too is you ask me 👍

I still prefer the 6s backflips on the Kraton. Bare dirt is very rare at my local, taller tire helps in summer time grass. I have the lps too and they are great though a little over priced because these guys made them so popular. If you can afford it have both. 6s for grass and gear up the lps for bare dirt...

I still prefer the 6s backflips on the Kraton. Bare dirt is very rare at my local, taller tire helps in summer time grass. I have the lps too and they are great though a little over priced because these guys made them so popular. If you can afford it have both. 6s for grass and gear up the lps for bare dirt...
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: LMAO on the comment "a little overpriced because these guys made them so popular"

Good to know, I think I will be looking to pickup some version of the Backflip but hopefully I can pick up a set of both. But based on what I am reading and hearing 6S maybe the priority since I am in grass most of the time right now.

So the Backflip 6S tires are the Back-Flip MT 6S (AR510092) that I looked up on Arrma's website correct?

Also do you have to do anything with the hex's at all? I thought I read something where people talked about cutting out the hex a bit for a more snug fit, was not totally sure what they were talking about. I assumed it was just order and install.

Why would someone opt for belted tires? Is it mainly just to prevent ballooning? Not sure like say you had Backflips in belted and non belted would you always pick the belted one or really not? I can understand a belted tire from X vs a non belted tire from Y and which the tires may not even be the same so not comparing apples to apples.

Also the Backflip LP those are technically 1/10 scale tires for the 4S correct? Since that is all I am finding and seeing out there on Arrma and Horizon website so was not sure if I was looking up the wrong tire set.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: LMAO on the comment "a little overpriced because these guys made them so popular"

Good to know, I think I will be looking to pickup some version of the Backflip but hopefully I can pick up a set of both. But based on what I am reading and hearing 6S maybe the priority since I am in grass most of the time right now.

So the Backflip 6S tires are the Back-Flip MT 6S (AR510092) that I looked up on Arrma's website correct?

Also do you have to do anything with the hex's at all? I thought I read something where people talked about cutting out the hex a bit for a more snug fit, was not totally sure what they were talking about. I assumed it was just order and install.

Why would someone opt for belted tires? Is it mainly just to prevent ballooning? Not sure like say you had Backflips in belted and non belted would you always pick the belted one or really not? I can understand a belted tire from X vs a non belted tire from Y and which the tires may not even be the same so not comparing apples to apples.

Also the Backflip LP those are technically 1/10 scale tires for the 4S correct? Since that is all I am finding and seeing out there on Arrma and Horizon website so was not sure if I was looking up the wrong tire set.

Belted reduces ballooning yes. The LP's however have such small sidewalls that they balloon very little. Given the choice I would pick belted all the time, but they tend to run a higher price.

The LP's are 1/10 tires, but they come with the same size wheel and hex as the 6S backflips, just a smaller tire outer diameter.

Last edited:
Belted reduces ballooning yes. The LP's however have such small sidewalls that they balloon very little. Given the choice I would puck belted all the time, but they tend to run a higher price.

The LP's are 1/10 tires, but they come with the same size wheel and hex as the 6S backflips, just a smaller tire outer diameter.
Thanks @Sargent_Horse appreciate it. So if comparing apple to apples and they have a version belted and non belted better to go with belted if can afford the increase in cost.

Ok so even though the LPs are for the smaller 1/10 scale they would be just fine. So are there two versions of the 6S tires out there? Since I seen two listed at Backflip and then Backflip 6S MT would is the MT a different version or is that the 6S tire that everyone is talking about running? Was not sure if Backflip is original and then the 6S MT is a newer update or a sub model of the Backflip like the LP is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back