what is your next RC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled the trigger! Lol

Screenshot_20210331-183636_Chrome.jpg

@razorrc did a video comparison of the 22 5.0 DC and the associated B6.1...all in all he went with the TLR ...My first kit car so I find that it's a good start! 👌🤙💪
AE and Losi one up each other all the time - that's why I said either would be great. When they're that close, most times it comes down to the driver and how well the vehicle is setup for the track.

AE and Losi one up each other all the time - that's why I said either would be great. When they're that close, most times it comes down to the driver and how well the vehicle is setup for the track.
Agreed! I'm a good driver for sure but the tracks are a different ball game so it's gonna take some practice lol. I'm definitely going to build it right. I presume after all is said and done...I'm looking at about 11 to 12 hundred bucks! 😯💪

I think you can get it done for less than 1k.

299 for vehicle. Now you need radio, esc and motor. If no battery, then that too. If no charger, then that too. If this is your first, you don't NEED an expensive radio.

I think you can get it done for less than 1k.
Ya more than likely but If you look at it...like just the car not including anything is 294...so just call it 3. The suggested radio is 399, servo like 120ish, motor and esc is gonna be probably another 2 to 300...battery like 140...obviously don't quote me (also this is based off the TLR website) so according to them with the proper setup to have a good chance at coming in first place looks to me like 11 the very least and that's if you wanna be cheap lol..but what do I know lol

If you want to be racing up front, then I think before too long, you're going to wish you went with the 22 5 Elite or Spec Racing model. I don't know the exact reason this model is priced lower, but Rule #1 is in effect.

Rule #1: You Get What You Pay For

I get budgets .. so I'm not putting it down.

Maybe there are add on options between the versions that you can change .. like I said, I don't know what the differences are.

Looks like:

22 5 DC (Dirt / Clay)
22 5 AC (Astro / Carpet)
22 5 SR (Race Spec)
22 5 Elite (includes upgraded options / factory team kit)

Last edited:
If you want to be racing up front, then I think before too long, you're going to wish you went with the 22 5 Elite or Spec Racing model. I don't know the exact reason this model is priced lower, but Rule #1 is in effect.

Maybe there are add on options between the versions that you can change .. like I said, I don't know what the differences are.

Looks like:

22 5 DC (Dirt / Clay)
22 5 AC (Astro / Carpet)
22 5 SR (Race Spec)

Check it out...

Looks like:

22 5 DC (Dirt / Clay)
22 5 AC (Astro / Carpet)
22 5 SR (Race Spec)
Always upgrade possibilities. Anything is possible lol...everything depends on the guts you put in it in reality.

Check it out...

Always upgrade possibilities. Anything is possible lol...everything depends on the guts you put in it in reality.
I wasn't referring to Losi vs AE for that post .. I was referring to other 22 5 versions of the same car. Losi and AE have been competitors for a long time and they one up each other all the time. Razor has liked Losi better than AE since the 22x-4. Some people like AE better. They're very close. At some point, AE will have something newer and better - and Razor will point that out too.

I agree that upgrades are always a possibility. :)

In that specific video though, he's comparing the AE factory team kit to the Losi 22 5 SR (Spec Racing) kit. If you read the comments, you'll see fans from both aisles.

Last edited:
I wasn't referring to Losi vs AE for that post .. I was referring to other 22 5 versions of the same car. Losi and AE have been competitors for a long time and they one up each other all the time. Razor has liked Losi better than AE since the 22x-4. Some people like AE better. They're very close. At some point, AE will have something newer and better - and Razor will point that out too.

I agree that upgrades are always a possibility. :)

In that specific video though, he's comparing the AE factory team kit to the Losi 22 5 SR (Spec Racing) kit. If you read the comments, you'll see fans from both aisles.
Ya, of course it's all preference and I too like associated as well...I've never owned any AE cars and the only losi I had was the mini t 2.0...this is completely new to me but I've watched numerous videos on a plethora of cars. I'm an all around rc fan. My buddy also has an associated car although I'm not exactly sure which car, I'd have to ask but i know he told me he got.it.up to like 102mph on 2s...🤷‍♂️ so I do like both they were both recommended so that's why I looked over both and looked at my account....unrelated statement....I'm in the process of moving and I'm relying solely on unemployment and side work so times are tough. Plus I'm first starting like I said...do.you have an associated car?

Ya, of course it's all preference and I too like associated as well...I've never owned any AE cars and the only losi I had was the mini t 2.0...this is completely new to me but I've watched numerous videos on a plethora of cars. I'm an all around rc fan. My buddy also has an associated car although I'm not exactly sure which car, I'd have to ask but i know he told me he got.it.up to like 102mph on 2s...🤷‍♂️ so I do like both they were both recommended so that's why I looked over both and looked at my account....unrelated statement....I'm in the process of moving and I'm relying solely on unemployment and side work so times are tough. Plus I'm first starting like I said...do.you have an associated car?
Agreed .. for that specific conversation though, I was comparing the 22 5 to other versions of the 22 5. That said, when comparing vehicles between brands, try to compare same to same. A 22 5 is not comparable to a B74. One will cost more as it's 4WD instead of 2WD.

Totally undertood about just starting. I'm just trying to help. :) Sorry about the unemployment / side work - again, totally understood.

My current stable includes AE, Losi, Arrma, HPI, Tamiya, Traxxas and X Ray - 30+ years of playing.

Last edited:
I

Agreed .. for that specific conversation though, I was comparing the 22 5 to other versions of the 22 5. That said, when comparing vehicles between brands, try to compare same to same. A 22 5 is not comparable to a B74. One will cost more as it's 4WD instead of 2WD.

Totally undertood about just starting. I'm just trying to help. :) Sorry about the unemployment / side work - again, totally understood.

My current stable includes AE, Losi, Arrma, HPI, Tamiya and Traxxas - 30+ years of playing.
Right. Understood...and right on man!

Nice chat! Now that I know you've been doing it for a significant amount of years I'll be asking questions lol 🤙

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back