What is your other hobby (money pit)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streeter69

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went to check on my stress relief. Making a list of things I need to upgrade this year.

Attachments

• crop1.jpg
    crop1.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 100
  • crop2.jpg
    crop2.jpg
    598.3 KB · Views: 72
I have a lot of hobbies that I sort of come back and forth to but for the last year or more RC has been the one I'm sticking with & enjoying the most. Because I do speed runs there is so much involved, ...like building & fabricating parts as well as testing.

A lot cheaper than some of my other hobbies like modifying my full size car. knife collecting or when I was collecting/shooting antique airguns.

Also RC brings together some of my other hobbies that I enjoy doing like making things with my hands, spray painting etc so it's win all round. (y)

I'm taking this hobby up to get away from guns and cars.. it's a lot cheaper. I can't imagine a boat and all the things that involves. heh

My summer car has not been out in 3 years now. 02 mustang gt warmed over, with enough spare parts to build another car. Just can not drive stick any more damn bursitis.

I’ve been done with the whole EDC thing for a decade (too many knives, flashlights, pens, multitools, etc. that it’s unhealthy), had a few years into custom mechanical keyboards (a hobby I’ve spend 20x more on than RC), a lifelong photographer, personal audio nut, and now an RC semi-noob.

My current biggest money pit is my kids. Gotta love’em.

I’ve been done with the whole EDC thing for a decade (too many knives, flashlights, pens, multitools, etc. that it’s unhealthy), had a few years into custom mechanical keyboards (a hobby I’ve spend 20x more on than RC), a lifelong photographer, personal audio nut, and now an RC semi-noob.

My current biggest money pit is my kids. Gotta love’em.
Oh snap! If we count them then they take the cake. Their college tuition alone cost me a Ferrari and that's no bullspit!

Some more.
2A4BCE45-47BE-409F-8F49-248661BD51EC.jpeg
748C417D-AD59-4618-8E08-6186C4C951FD.jpeg
2D4A5F72-2E88-4EEE-B630-F81E73BBE09E.jpeg

Those are some deep waters for sure.
Deals on speakers and amps can be found if you don’t mind driving and dealing on Craigslist, they are a hard sell. McIntosh, Marantz, Audio Research and nearly all tube two channel will always bring money but there are deals on some great sounding gear. The huge JBL’s were free. They were part of a sound stage at a convention center which was getting turn down. They were moments from going in the dumpster. The grills did not make it.

Last edited:
Besides RC cars I am into rear cars (BMW, Mini Cooper, need an American V8 next) fpv racing/freestyle drones, building guitars, Gundam models, guns (lots of guns), 3D printing/designing my own stuff, computers, and I have a full race built Saab 900 I haven't ran in years that I should probably sell but I kinda like having a race car as lawn art.

Yes I am single and unmarried and take full advantage of it.

I have some old speakers from the late 60s early 70s, Empire Electronics Royal Grenadier 9000. When I stuck them in storage they worked okay, one of the woofers in one and one of the tweeters in the other needed to be replaced. These things were heavy especially once you put the solid 24" Portuguese marble tops on them.
Not my picture just one I stole off Google.

2ee5c7e5f85b90e0d27bf91f245c8497.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back