What is your other hobby (money pit)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been playing guitar since 9 years old and been playing in bands for the past 15 years. It's my number one love in life besides my fiance and cats. It can get VERY expensive chasing that perfect guitar tone but this rc hobby gets REAL close to being just as bad lol. ??

Attachments

• 20200114_201216.jpg
    20200114_201216.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190930_201733.jpg
    20190930_201733.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20190923_191849.jpg
    20190923_191849.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190814_172643.jpg
    20190814_172643.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 39
I have never seen a Revox record player!! Very interesting. I love the old audio stuff!! I think the old tube stuff, puts out better sound then all this new crap. My mother still has a awesome sounding top of the line Kenwood system (tube style mostly) from the early 80's. She sent back the bose 901's, only cost her shipping and she got a phone call from the company complimenting her..LOL.

Arrmadillo, LOVE the 72?? Nova. Is that a full dart block assembly? I am a Ford guy BUT, love anything below 1974.

I have never seen a Revox record player!! Very interesting. I love the old audio stuff!! I think the old tube stuff, puts out better sound then all this new crap. My mother still has a awesome sounding top of the line Kenwood system (tube style mostly) from the early 80's. She sent back the bose 901's, only cost her shipping and she got a phone call from the company complimenting her..LOL.
Yes, Revox is mostly known fot their rtr players but they made a really nice turn table and full line of hifi. I'm sorry I sold it. Traded it for another pair of speakers... When I have a really nice turn table that works perfect I try to sell it. You get a lot more money for a working one and if the buyer wants to rebuild it then its far easier to do that as well.
I had a few pairs of Bose 901 pass thru my hands. they are an awesome party speaker and don't sound terrible. They do lack top end because they use 9 midrange drivers in each speaker with no tweeter. Some reason they just sold like crazy for 25 years with not much change in their design.

Yes, Revox is mostly known fot their rtr players but they made a really nice turn table and full line of hifi. I'm sorry I sold it. Traded it for another pair of speakers... When I have a really nice turn table that works perfect I try to sell it. You get a lot more money for a working one and if the buyer wants to rebuild it then its far easier to do that as well.
I had a few pairs of Bose 901 pass thru my hands. they are an awesome party speaker and don't sound terrible. They do lack top end because they use 9 midrange drivers in each speaker with no tweeter. Some reason they just sold like crazy for 25 years with not much change in their design.

I googled the Revox, very interesting. I am not a audiophile but do appreciate things. You have a few very unique speakers, the tower speaker with your spouse? the one with all the tweeters. I have not seen something like that in decades! I am having flashbacks to my head banging years!! You have stuff I never thought I would see again. Lot's of memories and quality stuff!!

I googled the Revox, very interesting. I am not a audiophile but do appreciate things. You have a few very unique speakers, the tower speaker with your spouse? the one with all the tweeters. I have not seen something like that in decades! I am having flashbacks to my head banging years!! You have stuff I never thought I would see again. Lot's of memories and quality stuff!!
The speakers with my wife next to them are Infinity Quantum Line Source 1 (QLS1) from around 1978. They are a wonderful full range speaker with bass down to 17htz. I bought them from someone in Cleveland. Drove all the way from SE Pa and back in one day. They needed full restoration. Rebuilt the crossovers, woofers and several midranges and tweeters were not working. Used all original parts where I could. Restored pic is number 10 and the 1st pic in the second post. I enjoyed them for several years and sold them locally to a very happy man. They were wonderful but too large for my listening space. I still have a slightly smaller pair (QLS2) in our living room.

Spent $5k on guns and $5k on fish tanks before spending $5k+ currently on the RC thing. Not spending anymore on guns/fish. I spent those $5k in a matter of few years on those other two things. The RC'S, in a matter of MONTHS. ????

Spent $5k on guns and $5k on fish tanks before spending $5k+ currently on the RC thing. Not spending anymore on guns/fish. I spent those $5k in a matter of few years on those other two things. The RC'S, in a matter of MONTHS. ????
My dad has a 120 gallon saltwater tank in his living room a 60 gallon freshwater tank in his kitchen and a 30 gallon saltwater tank in his bedroom. Kind of fun to watch them swim around sometimes.

My dad has a 120 gallon saltwater tank in his living room a 60 gallon freshwater tank in his kitchen and a 30 gallon saltwater tank in his bedroom. Kind of fun to watch them swim around sometimes.
I have a couple of small nanoreef tanks and a 75g African Cichlid peacock tank. They are money pits if you are not careful ?

My other money pits are Amateur Radio, and my electronics workbench. I like to rebuild old tube equipment, audio and radio, so I have a pretty advanced electronics bench.

And then there's the Supra, in my avatar. Waiting for it to warm up here so I can get back on it. I lost most of my Fall work period because I got hooked on these Arrma things.....!

These are my favorite, but after 15 years of having skis, I think I'll have to let them go this spring. I barely used them last year, and just had my 2nd girl in January, so pretty much no chance of having free days to ride for the next few years. I was thinking of putting the money into a Jeep that I can at least drive more frequently.

Attachments

• 20190525_184155.jpg
    20190525_184155.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 32
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back