What is your other hobby (money pit)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Telling the Mrs I’m doing overtime this W/end and go down to the coast and ?, some local brass, I have a favourite Shes from Lithuania, Wow she can Slam like a gate in the wind . Otherwise I collect music cd,s and luv my focus ST

My other hobbies besides RC's is drones, air guns, wild camping and metal detecting all of which have had substantial investments over the years which my wife fully understands ???

Thanks mate, I'm very happy with the Synesso it's really fantastic, and I've done some cool upgrades to customise a few things I really wanted it to do. If you are interested this is my Instagram page
Your tamper actually has a logo that it leaves in the grounds? ? That is so next level I don’t even know what to think of it.

We had a cheap DeLongi bar pump maker a few year back that ended up failing. I honestly didn’t drink coffee back then but everyone who visited demanded me to pull shots for them all night ? I can’t imagine having something on your level. Nobody would ever leave my house ????

Something unusual is going on today, there is sun showing and it is almost 50 today! I went an check on how the boat is doing. I am getting real antsy!! New vertical windlass arrived, new battery charger, 100' of 2/0 tinned wire all arrived this week, plus a bunch of small crap.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20200223_104006.jpg
    thumbnail_20200223_104006.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 34
Telling the Mrs I’m doing overtime this W/end and go down to the coast and ?, some local brass, I have a favourite Shes from Lithuania, Wow she can Slam like a gate in the wind . Otherwise I collect music cd,s and luv my focus ST
source.gif

Myself and wife came across a rather large train display ( about 25' wide x 200' long?) Was amazed at the detail!

Thought you Train guys might like these. The only ones I have.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20191123_131153.jpg
    thumbnail_20191123_131153.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 55
  • thumbnail_20191123_131157.jpg
    thumbnail_20191123_131157.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 51
By far shooting. I’m an avid firearms enthusiast. I don’t collect guns. If It doesn’t get used it gets sold. The $4K’ish 1911 in the picture is a one off order from Nighthawk Custom. I carry it from time to time just not every day. No, it’s not a safe queen. The slide is engraved with my username Walküre. Yes, all my guns have names.

My joy of firearms is full circle...

*Training, most money spent over the years. I go to a 2-6 day class 1-3 times yearly. I even worked as an instructor for a bunch of years to scratch the training itch. You can get very “tuned up” as they say in the industry wile working.

*I load my own ammo (9mm, .40, .45 ACP, .32 Auto, .357 Magnum and 45-70 Government) on a Dillon 550 progressive press. Takes between 2-2.5 hours to crank out 1K rounds of 9mm. Training gets expensive. Some years I shot as many as 10K rounds. I don’t reload shotgun hulls yet but plan on investing in that in the future.
6D81EFC1-A8D2-44BE-A93D-7957CD5AA5C6.jpeg
6D81EFC1-A8D2-44BE-A93D-7957CD5AA5C6.jpeg

By far shooting. I’m an avid firearms enthusiast. I don’t collect guns. If It doesn’t get used it gets sold. The $4K’ish 1911 in the picture is a one off order from Nighthawk Custom. I carry it from time to time just not every day. No, it’s not a safe queen. The slide is engraved with my username Walküre. Yes, all my guns have names.

My joy of firearms is full circle...

*Training, most money spent over the years. I go to a 2-6 day class 1-3 times yearly. I even worked as an instructor for a bunch of years to scratch the training itch. You can get very “tuned up” as they say in the industry wile working.

*I load my own ammo (9mm, .40, .45 ACP, .32 Auto, .357 Magnum and 45-70 Government) on a Dillon 550 progressive press. Takes between 2-2.5 hours to crank out 1K rounds of 9mm. Training gets expensive. Some years I shot as many as 10K rounds. I don’t reload shotgun hulls yet but plan on investing in that in the future.
I was there for a while, spent a lot of time at the range, got to the point where I was shooting 2K rounds of 9mm a month. That got me into reloading (not to save money, on 9mm, that is tough to do, but to improve my performance in competitive shooting practice.)

When I moved from Arizona back to California, all my firearms have lived in my safe since. There are a few pistol ranges within easy driving distance, and a couple of outdoor ranges, but it is too much of a hassle here in the SF Bay area, so they gather dust in my safe. May sell all but my .22 rifles (I love those too much to part with them)

I was there for a while, spent a lot of time at the range, got to the point where I was shooting 2K rounds of 9mm a month. That got me into reloading (not to save money, on 9mm, that is tough to do, but to improve my performance in competitive shooting practice.)

When I moved from Arizona back to California, all my firearms have lived in my safe since. There are a few pistol ranges within easy driving distance, and a couple of outdoor ranges, but it is too much of a hassle here in the SF Bay area, so they gather dust in my safe. May sell all but my .22 rifles (I love those too much to part with them)
I live in ElDorado county. I’m 10 minutes away from an outdoor range on BLM land. It’s like TX here. Everyone has a permit that wants one. The other Cali. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to knock the dust off those guns. You ain’t that far away.

I live in ElDorado county. I’m 10 minutes away from an outdoor range on BLM land. It’s like TX here. Everyone has a permit that wants one. The other Cali. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to knock the dust off those guns. You ain’t that far away.
Right on brother!

Your tamper actually has a logo that it leaves in the grounds? ? That is so next level I don’t even know what to think of it.

We had a cheap DeLongi bar pump maker a few year back that ended up failing. I honestly didn’t drink coffee back then but everyone who visited demanded me to pull shots for them all night ? I can’t imagine having something on your level. Nobody would ever leave my house ????
I assume you're joking about the tamper? The base it sits on has a logo, but not the base of the tamper, haha. It is something I've slowly worked up to, I started with some very poor quality machines. I love coffee, but the equipment and the process has me hooked, the more I learn the more I realise how hard it is to make a truly good cup of coffee.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back