What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
RC LiPo companies come and go (rip SPC) and RC LiPo batteries are constantly changing and improving.

So to stay current, we are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you see a LiPo battery already mentioned, be sure to up vote that reply!
1611703993154.png

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

Get previous years recommendations in the original What's your "budget" LiPo of choice? thread.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2021?

Damn....that case could legally be called a WMD under the right circumstances....lmao
LOL right? i've reorganized them since that pic was taken and they're not only in lipo bags but also in AR15 ammo containers....

LOL right? i've reorganized them since that pic was taken and they're not only in lipo bags but also in AR15 ammo containers....
Was only being a smartass. Those Zees likely would have been fine if you set the bag on fire!. Tough mofos, they are!
Had 4s stacked in my 8s and top one caught fire after a bad crash. Bottom one was scorched and battery reading indicated it was perfectly fine. I decommissioned it just to be safe though.
20210901_000610.jpg
20210901_000349.jpg
20210901_141707.jpg

These were soft packs too..

Was only being a smartass. Those Zees likely would have been fine if you set the bag on fire!. Tough mofos, they are!
Had 4s stacked in my 8s and top one caught fire after a bad crash. Bottom one was scorched and battery reading indicated it was perfectly fine. I decommissioned it just to be safe though.View attachment 190763View attachment 190764View attachment 190762
These were soft packs too..
I killed a zeee 4s last night on my xmaxx. fiddlesticker puffed up and one battery read fine at storage mode and the other was reading 3.4v at 2% on the lipo reader 😔😔. Thinking of getting some Yowoo Graphene Batteries next or gensacearespammers bash series. I missed out on the CNHL black Friday deals 😢

Unfortunately, that Taco dinner is pretty expensive and a family meal would break the bank.
Not that I would recommend this route to anyone unless they had the luck I did, but this was very cost efficient. In fact, I think I came out ahead and much smarter from this. I lost the side rail which melted away. Turns out it had to go anyways to accommodate the mod I did to allow side by side mounting of batteries. Lost two rc switches and the lights($30 maybe). Lost the batteries yet Zee refunded them(didn't ask). LHS tested motor and esc and replaced the esc battery wiring for free. Had leftover CF tube so cut a new T2T brace.
But I learned alot about the nature of the electronics, how procedure effects them, what Brownouts are and how to prevent them.
Like I said, I came out ahead and with more knowledge of the hobby.
Thread 'WTF HAPPENED' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/wtf-happened.43414/

We've used some 3s GensAcCCE in my sons old 1/16th E-Revo and those have been fantastic. Never used them in the larger vehicles. I have one old SPC 3s battery that is still going strong, wish they were still around. The rest of my batteries, a mix of 3s and 6s are all SMC. I've only lost one due to my own f-up with forgetting to monitor voltage. I let it get way too low and it puffed pretty bad. I now keep lipo alarms permanently mounted on all my rigs. The SMCs have been great. Even the older 3s (which we run in the Nero) are holding up really well based on the IR readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back