What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
RC LiPo companies come and go (rip SPC) and RC LiPo batteries are constantly changing and improving.

So to stay current, we are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you see a LiPo battery already mentioned, be sure to up vote that reply!
1611703993154.png

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

Get previous years recommendations in the original What's your "budget" LiPo of choice? thread.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2021?

I have at least one of those many brands mentioned above in the posts. As far as easy, power and hassle, I’ll be buying more spektrum smart batteries. Just less hassle with all the built in tech and they work great.

I have been using Powerhobby , they're very reasonable and offer many different options , couldn't tell you how many cycles they've been through but it's a lot . So far none have failed .
But with that said , I have to wonder how many of these companies are one in the same just labeled differently. I learned this years ago with the Chinese auto lifts manufacturers , many made in the same factory , painted diff colors / names and off they go !!!

I have tried a few Ovonic and Zee seem to work best.

I really want a turnigy graphene panther to try. I hear good things but they are never in stock lately. Part of the reason I jumped on the china hobby deal when it came up.

I've used Youme, Dynamite, Zeee, Hoovo, Ovonic and Maxamps batteries. All seem good enough for general bashing around.

The only battery I've had go bad on me was a Dynamite Reaction 2S battery from my Losi Mini-B ... one of the cells went bad. Horizon warrantied the battery and afterwards I tore it apart - looks like one of the solder connections wasn't good - touched it up and rewrapped it in some Kapton tape and it seems OK. The IR is really high on one cell so I wouldn't call it 100%.

Hoovo for the win!
I run spektrum smart, powerhobby, and hoovo and I’ve got to say the hoovo are the best. I didn’t have high hopes but they run circles around the spektrum 100c with only a 60c rating. Powerhobby are junk and not only did I have to threaten contacting credit card company because they charged me twice for same order and took 3 weeks to refund, they also puffed in less than half a dozen cycles. Spektrums are fine I guess but not worth the premium and not as punchy as hoovo. When I can buy 2 hoovo with higher mah for the price of 1 spektrum it’s a no brainer now.

SMC True Spec and True Spec Extreme hardcase LiPo's has been my go to LiPo batteries for the last several years.

Awesome LiPo batteries for a good price.
I'm new to the hobby but since I started i been using Zeee lipo 3s-4s and they have been giving me great performance for 10 months now.

Hobbyking, HDs, Zippys, Graphenes... The only thing from hobbyking that's actually good are their batteries.

I think batteries are quite subjective and it all depends on what part of the world you live in 🤔
Cost vs value and also what they will be used for..

My goto's currently are CHNL, Graphene Panthers and HRB's. I seem to be amounting more CHNL batteries than any other brand because I find they offer good prices (even better when you have discount codes) and the punch they have is far superior to anything I've tried apart from the Graphene's,
HRB's I would rate as a cheap good quality general bashing battery 👍🏼

gensacearespammers, basically the only brand you can buy in LHS over here. Although one of the more expensive brands I was surprised that they actually take a little bit more that their stated capacity👍. I know their marketing hasn’t been OK in the past, but performance wise I like them. Hope to add one of those new Cnhl batteries pretty soon (the one I want are sold out😳), if I can still order them.
Edit: just got mail, the Cnhl 9500 are sold out in EU, USA and China for months. So for now I’ll need to use the Gens.

Last edited:
gensacearespammers, basically the only brand you can buy in LHS over here. Although one of the more expensive brands I was surprised that they actually take a little bit more that their stated capacity👍. I know their marketing hasn’t been OK in the past, but performance wise I like them. Hope to add one of those new Cnhl batteries pretty soon (the one I want are sold out😳), if I can still order them.
Edit: just got mail, the Cnhl 9500 are sold out in EU, USA and China for months. So for now I’ll need to use the Gens.
EU warehouse of hobbyking (turnigy graphenes) is located in Tilburg, it's next day shipping for us Dutchies. Then again they are pricey. CNHL's are basically the same for half the price, so if they have stock go for those..

Anyone tried Gaoneng Gnb batteries? They are one of the best drone battery brands and i've noticed they are making decent looking surface batteries too nowadays. As i have plenty batteries i didn't order any yet.

if you a noob like me buy some hard case​

Spektrum smart battery it auto discharge by it own they are worth it.. also GEN 2 spektrum smart battery are coming out soon!​

I'm also noob in Electric RC (I came from nitro) and very happy with my two 3S Spektrum LIPOs. Easy to use and lot of info in the charger. I know maybe quite expensive but I wanted something to plug and play to start.

I bought a pack with the Smart Charger S2100 and 2 5000mAh 3S 11.1V 50C Smart LiPo Hardcase
1611754977976.png

1611754997714.png

My Top 3 would be
Turnigy HD - general basher use long life and good price.
Turnigy Graphene Panther - Great high power LiPo, Long life, and just ok Pricing.
SMC True Spec Extreme V2 6400 - Killer power and low voltage sag for speed use, compact size for power level, and reasonable weight - terrible price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back