What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
RC LiPo companies come and go (rip SPC) and RC LiPo batteries are constantly changing and improving.

So to stay current, we are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you see a LiPo battery already mentioned, be sure to up vote that reply!
1611703993154.png

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

Get previous years recommendations in the original What's your "budget" LiPo of choice? thread.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2021?

I have used about eight different brands in the past 3 years. Biggest lesson I learned is that you get what you pay for. Gens ♠️ce (see what I did there @WoodiE 😁) is still my favorite and longest lasting choice. True C ratings and power level remains almost unchanged after years. I've only ever lost one cel in a 3s battery, and they credited me so I could purchase a new one. I'm running one of their 6s 100C batteries in a speed run vehicle, and the difference is totally tangible. Since plugging in the Gens ♠️ce, the power and duration are always there. Same goes for all my 3s ones. Whether alone or in series, the smoothness of power and duration of run time, proves that they are still one of the best available today. I'll rant about other batteries in a different post so as not to affect any polling on this one.

My favorite to date is the Turnigy Graphene Panther, but that said, I’m a lipo whore.

Here is a list of brands I own:
  • Turnigy
  • CNHL
  • SMC
  • Yowoo
  • HRB
  • Liperior
  • GensAss
  • PowerHobby
  • Dynamite Reaction
  • Ovonic
  • Zee
  • E-Flight
  • Generic

My favorite to date is the Turnigy Graphene Panther, but that said, I’m a lipo whore.

Here is a list of brands I own:
  • Turnigy
  • CNHL
  • SMC
  • Yowoo
  • HRB
  • Liperior
  • GensAss
  • PowerHobby
  • Dynamite Reaction
  • Ovonic
  • Zee
  • E-Flight
  • Generic
GensAss :LOL:

25C? You can get better for half the price.
Traxxas 2s 25C 5000 mAh €60 or
SMC 2s 50C 5200 mAh €20

RC LiPo companies come and go (rip SPC) and RC LiPo batteries are constantly changing and improving.

So to stay current, we are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

View attachment 122593

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

Get previous years recommendations in the original What's your "budget" LiPo of choice? thread.

I have been very satisfied with these batteries. My "Go To" 2S workhorse batteries.
Zeee 7.4V Lipo Battery 2S 50C 5200mAh Lipos Hard Case with Dean-Style T Connector

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 12.11.15 PM.png

I have had Great luck with Zeee batteries even after my mt410 ate up my jumper and balance plug (had to solder a wire back on and reseal it) they have balanced and charged amazingly. I run the lectron when I am charging the Zeees it was my first battery from a hobby shop and cost almost as much as 2 zeees. just ordered 2 Awanfi 3s to run 6s on my mt I will see how they work out.

20210127_222302.jpg

Second favorite is the recently purchased Zeee 6s 100c 6000. My first purchase for the speed run Typhon. Expectations were low because of the price. Typically, low cost Amazon batteries (ie: HRB) are great out of the box, but have zero longevity. The Zeeee has been tested in the Typhon as well as my two bigger, low kv bashers. Power delivery is on point, but run times not up to par with the Ace of Gens. Considering the savings in price though, still a good buy. Long term observation to come. Hopefully better than expected.

Second favorite is the recently purchased Zeee 6s 100c 6000. My first purchase for the speed run Typhon. Expectations were low because of the price. Typically, low cost Amazon batteries (ie: HRB) are great out of the box, but have zero longevity. The Zeeee has been tested in the Typhon as well as my two bigger, low kv bashers. Power delivery is on point, but run times not up to par with the Ace of Gens. Considering the savings in price though, still a good buy. Long term observation to come. Hopefully better than expected.
I don't have anything to compare them with, but when running on the grass I get about 25 minutes of run time and on the road, I get an astonishing 40+.

View attachment 122593

I use goldbat Nd have a few hoovo. The goldbat are reasonably price Nd have a great punch .I have 2s and 3s. Hoovo 2s

Recently picked up a GARTT YPG 6S 5200mAh, stays balanced well, and although only rated 40C seems to give more punch than other higher rated batteries from Zeee and ZOP (ZOP ones are terrible to try and balance). Capacity is at least that stated, often takes 6000mAh for a full charge. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LN4NZR2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back